Welcome to the General Staff crew

Started by bayonetbrant, May 01, 2017, 08:32:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adraeth

Steam is excellent in terms of allowing customers to have the engine always up to date, but even GOG is  excellent  for it has a wide customer base.

Regarding others , considering the game i can only think about Slitherine/Matrix and maybe battlefront.com (but they are more focused on their own engine Combat mission i suppose)

Dr D Ezra Sidran

A Kickstarter backer recommended:

• GOG
    Humble
    itch.io

Obviously, we want to make the customers happy. Do you have any thoughts on these? I need to start finding out about these services.

Adraeth

Almost forgot Humble, yes Humble is a good one; alas i have any experience on itch.io

laborde

So glad GS reached the PBeM stretch goal, waiting the game excitedly... Seems great work Dr. Ezra.

By the way i realised that on the site:
QuoteSystem Requirements
The General Staff Wargame and Wargaming System run on Windows 7, 8 and 10 operating systems with a minimum of 1 GB of memory. Minimum screen resolution is 1440 x 900.
Mine is 1366x768 so i think i will have to change my laptop?  ;)

Dr D Ezra Sidran

We're making adjustments to the programs (there are four) to work in lower screen resolutions. I too have an old Dell laptop that has lower resolution. We're working on it!

laborde

Thanks.

By the way about spreading the word  as far as the play-by-email gaming is concerned "Slitherine-Matrix-Ageod" are the homeland of the turn-based (IGOUGO-WEGO) PBeM gamers' community i think...