Main Menu

Dipping my toe in

Started by LimeyYankGames, November 28, 2016, 07:23:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LimeyYankGames

I'm Andy, a regular over at Consimworld and an occasional visitor to Board Game Geek. A Grogheads member just kindly posted here about the site I run, Limey Yank Games, and it piqued my interest enough to pop over, take a look and sign-up.

I have to admit, I'm most comfortable with the CSW type BBs but I can see by the topics and membership here that this will be a great addition to my on-line life if I can figure it out and become reasonably au fait with the structure.

A little about me. My gaming tastes are pretty esoteric as far as publisher, period, scale and complexity are concerned (though I'm not so keen on overly large rules books)I live in the UK and have been gaming since around the age of 11, with a hiatus from my early twenties until my early forties. Over the past 15 years, my game collection has grown from circa 200 - 1200 - so I think its fair to say I've been bitten by the bug again. This is largely down to Cyberboard which provides the basis for around half of all my current gaming. 13 years ago I established LYG (www.limeyyankgames.co.uk) as a CB file hosting site and I'm pleased to say it has become one of the go to places for folk playing with CB.

In 2014 I had my first design "Toulon, 1793" published by Legion Wargames and I'm now hard at work on my second game "Waning Crescent, Shattered Cross" which covers the 1565 Great Siege of Malta. I'm hoping to see this published in 2017.

Andy

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bbmike

Wecome to Grogheads, Andy.  O0
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Barthheart

Hey Andy, welcome.

I've visited Limey Yank Games on many occasions looking for both Cyberboard and VASSAL modules. Great resource.  :bd:

Sir Slash

Welcome to the Grogheads, Andy. Great to have you with us.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Martok

Welcome aboard, Andy!  :) 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Staggerwing

Welcome aboard the USS Grogheads Andy!

We've saved you a comfy deck chair near the stern, nicely shaded by Turret 'D for Dora'. The waiter will be by momentarily to take your drink order and the dancing ukulele girls go onstage at sunset.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

undercovergeek

Quote from: Staggerwing on November 28, 2016, 06:44:39 PM

We've saved you a comfy deck chair near the stern, nicely shaded by Turret 'D for Dora'. The waiter will be by momentarily to take your drink order and the dancing ukulele girls go onstage at sunset.

we call them mirth, martok and gus - theyre a hoot

MetalDog

They're a little handsy, too.  So, don't mind a pinch to the nether regions occasionally ;)  Oh, and welcome to Grogheads!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bbmike

Quote from: Staggerwing on November 28, 2016, 06:44:39 PM

We've saved you a comfy deck chair near the stern, nicely shaded by Turret 'D for Dora'. The waiter waitress will be by momentarily to take your drink order and the dancing ukulele girls go onstage at sunset.

FTFY
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Staggerwing

Assign him a grass skirt and coconut bra.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bbmike

-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak