Huzzah! 2015 - May 15-17th - South Portland, Maine

Started by mirth, March 30, 2015, 01:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Martok

Looks pretty neat.  Have you been to it mirth
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

mirth

Yep. Every year since it started (think this is year 5).  It's grown into a nice little Con (and not so little anymore really).

It's put on by a local gaming group. I'm a member. They do several events year round, the Con being the crown jewel.

This year has a particularly strong roster of games. They've really expanded the board gaming selection in the past couple years. When it first started, the events were exclusively miniatures gaming.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

GDS_Starfury

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

mirth

mirth

Pic from my first game of the weekend, a 'Check Your Six - Jet Age' game. From the game description:

24 April 1967 USS Kitty Hawk launched the Navy's first attack of the war against a major airfield as an "All Hands"
effort, all of the ship's squadrons were in the air supporting the strike. Kep is just north of Hanoi, and had heavy defenses; the Navy expected to stir up a hornets nest and they weren't disappointed.

My buddy Dave and I played NVAF. The pic shows my two MIG-17s closing on some A-4s with F-8 Crusaders flying cover. There are 3 SA-2s tracking on the Skyhawks as well.

I had a good night. I knocked down 3 A-4s -one by SAM, another with a combination of SAM and AA fire that caused an A-4 to break up during evasion, and the third was a gun kill from one of my MIG-17s.

I also got scratch hits on a fourth A-4 and a Crusader. All with no losses to me, miraculously. My dice were uncharacteristically lucky :P

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Pics from the entire weekend.

https://www.facebook.com/HuzzahCon/photos_stream?ref=page_internal

This is from the game I played on Sunday - Germans holding out in the ruins of Konigsberg.

Martok

Sweet! 

Had to laugh at the "Where are ze Prussians?" sign.  :2funny: 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Con

Quote from: mirth on May 16, 2015, 06:17:50 AM
Pic from my first game of the weekend, a 'Check Your Six - Jet Age' game. From the game description:

24 April 1967 USS Kitty Hawk launched the Navy's first attack of the war against a major airfield as an "All Hands"
effort, all of the ship's squadrons were in the air supporting the strike. Kep is just north of Hanoi, and had heavy defenses; the Navy expected to stir up a hornets nest and they weren't disappointed.

My buddy Dave and I played NVAF. The pic shows my two MIG-17s closing on some A-4s with F-8 Crusaders flying cover. There are 3 SA-2s tracking on the Skyhawks as well.

I had a good night. I knocked down 3 A-4s -one by SAM, another with a combination of SAM and AA fire that caused an A-4 to break up during evasion, and the third was a gun kill from one of my MIG-17s.

I also got scratch hits on a fourth A-4 and a Crusader. All with no losses to me, miraculously. My dice were uncharacteristically lucky :P

Ha that is I think my good friend Tom ballots game that he was running at the con

mirth

You know Tom Ballou?! Small friggin world! That was his game. He ran two CY6 games at the con and I played in both. He does such an awesome job! His games are must play for me.

mirth

Tom and I played in an epic Battleground game on Sunday. He had a guy hero and crew an LMG alone. On the next card activation my sniper popped the guy.

Con

He posted some very interesting pics on his facebook page from the con including a game that looked very interesting.  It was a WWI miniatures game where the action was a night action and the miniatures and terrain were all painted in shades of grey.  Looked very innovative

Con

mirth

I play tested that game a few weeks prior to the con. It was intense and it looked awesome.