FREE ActionPC 2015 Baseball Game

Started by Grim.Reaper, October 26, 2015, 05:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

I know some folks over here either have played the various ActionPC games or have wanted too but wasn't really into season replay games.....however....for a limited time only, they are giving away their latest baseball version for FREE....no reason not to try it if your a baseball fan.  Expires November 2nd.  ActionPC sport games are one of my favorite series of sports games.

Link to announcement
http://actionpcsports.yuku.com/topic/20649/Free-Baseball-Game-Expires-November-2

Link to download
http://shop.dksports.com/download.aspx?key=5438B91D-8A2B-486C-990D-85F9B25351E3

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Grim.Reaper

rwenstrup

Is this legit? I see no mention of it on the DK Sports website...

Grim.Reaper

Link above takes you to the announcement...it is very legit.

-budd-

actually went to look hoping the same offer was being offered for the football. I book marked the site. From what i can see the football looks pretty cool, they ever offer that one for free? thanks for the info.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Grim.Reaper

This is the first time any of their games are free, but they do go on sale often.  When you buy the game it is covered by 30 day money back guarantee...so if you wanted to try, very little risk.  This might start a trend where free next year prior to new version, don't know.  It is a very good game with a ton of options for coaching.

Nefaro

Quote from: -budd- on October 26, 2015, 09:23:49 PM
actually went to look hoping the same offer was being offered for the football. I book marked the site. From what i can see the football looks pretty cool, they ever offer that one for free? thanks for the info.

I'd also like to check out a full season of the Football version, with no commitment or hassle. 

Not as big a fan of the non-GM career text sims, but I wouldn't rule out the purchase of at least one season if that hooked me enough.

Baseball replays?  Meh.  OOTP is all I really require for MLB.

Grim.Reaper

Can't really compare season replay games to career based games...completely different focus.  If you need to have general manager type functions, then these games will never satisfy.  But if your looking for a chance to replay (and change) history, use in depth coaching functions, and getting realistic outcomes, these games are worth trying.  Personally I think they compliment each other versus compete and will always have room on my hard drive for both.

As mentioned above....pretty easy way to try the football game.  Purchase it, download in less than a minute, and play.  If within 30 days you don't like it, simply takes one email to the developer to receive a refund....fairly hassle free. 

But I completely understand this type of game may not satisfy everyone but if your a big sports fan it is worth at least trying in my opinion. 

rwenstrup

Thanks for the reply on the validity of the offer...I have the football game and like it alot...glad to have the chance to try out the baseball game!

steve58

Thanks Grim  O0

Question: Is the .exe file the whole package or just an installer?  Looks to be only about 46MB.  Thx... 
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Grim.Reaper

The single file you download is an installer zipped file....it will extract and install the necessary files....but overall, it is a very small installation.

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Grim.Reaper

Just a quick reminder, one day left for free version if your interested...