The Xth Annual GrogHeads March Madness Bracket Challenge!

Started by bayonetbrant, March 08, 2017, 09:20:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyzBP

airboy

If the Heels win one more game, Straight Chalk goes down.  If Gonzaga takes it all, Bison will beat straight chalk.

I'm hoping for an all Carolina Finals.  One of my alma maters would be national champs.

Bison

I'm not sure how the points breakdown, but I think for me to win I need Gonzaga to win it all and North Carolina to lose against Oregon.

airboy

Quote from: Bison on March 27, 2017, 04:58:18 PM
I'm not sure how the points breakdown, but I think for me to win I need Gonzaga to win it all and North Carolina to lose against Oregon.

If it is a Carolina-Gonzaga finals and the Heels fall short again this year - you would clip me by 10 points.  That would be an epically close finish.
But hopefully UNC will win it all again!

bayonetbrant

I'll be ecstatic as long as the chickens don't choke!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 28, 2017, 02:20:53 PM
I'll be ecstatic as long as the chickens don't choke!

There's a joke to be made about this statement, but I try to keep this place family friendly.

Bison

Quote from: airboy on March 28, 2017, 01:09:49 PM
Quote from: Bison on March 27, 2017, 04:58:18 PM

If it is a Carolina-Gonzaga finals and the Heels fall short again this year - you would clip me by 10 points.  That would be an epically close finish.
But hopefully UNC will win it all again!

Really?  Wow that would be epic.

Bison

Great games tonight.  I thought that the North Carolina and Oregon game was pretty sloppy in comparison to the South Carolina and Gonzaga game.  It should be a great championship game between North Carolina and Gonzaga. 

Bison

Congrats to Airboy for winning the bracket this year. 

I'm not upset that Gonzaga lost, but that was one of the worst officiated championship games.  The Zags killed themselves in the second half with too long a scoreless drought.  But good god did the officiating really dictate the pace and tempo of the game.  Just a shame considering how well played a game it was in the first half.

Sir Slash

Yes, neither team looked too good tonight and the Refs kind of took over the game. Some bad calls too. Congrats to UNC-- NCAA Champs.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

Congrats to Airboy, who isn't even in town to celebrate :)

I honestly dozed off in the first half, went to bed at halftime, and didn't find out what happened until about 10 minutes ago.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

one stat I saw said there were 74 possessions and 44 fouls called, so over half of the possessions...

Marty Ward

If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!