Elite: Dangerous. I broke down.

Started by Jarhead0331, April 11, 2014, 03:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Dero

Quote from: Kushan on January 02, 2016, 01:05:02 AM
Took on a standard delivery mission tonight. But when I got to the target system the station that I'm supposed to be delivering my goods to isn't there. I flew around the system  thinking it was unexplored but got nothing. I was in the same system a few days ago hunting pirates and never saw it then either. Anyone ever seen this before? Is it possible the station was destroyed at some point?

Did you check the planets for outposts ?  Maybe you are not supposed to deliver to a space station but land on a planet to make the delivery.

When you go to system map and go to the third tab on the top left side, below balance (Local) you get all the possible destinations in the system including those on the planets.

Yskonyn

Even of you do not have Horizons Some missions will send you to a surface base without telling you , you cannot go there.
Its a bug.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Kushan

Quote from: Pete Dero on January 02, 2016, 04:27:03 AM
When you go to system map and go to the third tab on the top left side, below balance (Local) you get all the possible destinations in the system including those on the planets.

Checked that, station isn't showing at all in the system. Oh well too late now.

Been trying to see if there has been any reason behind why I'm being interdicted every 30 seconds. Some of the time I've been in a system with a civil war and I'm being interdicted by one of the warring factions. Ok that makes perfect sense to me.

The vast majority of the times, as far as I can figure out from some google searching, looks like its just the PP spawn tables being F***ed up. From what I can gather any factions ships can spawn in any other factions controlled/exploited system. Kind of annoying for me because I've been in and around the imperial capital and it makes absolutely no sense that a fed, alliance, or independent should be spawning and telling me "You don't belong here". Why wouldn't the imperial navy be blowing these guys out of space?

I may try dropping my PP alliance and see if that helps any. I don't have many merits earned anyway so not going to lose much.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Kushan

Incoming rant...

So last night I took on a assassination mission in the Zvaithhogg system. The target was in the same system so I'm thinking its an easy 150,000 credits. Well I go find, interdict him. Was a little odd when I noticed he wasn't wanted. Double checked my mission to make sure I had the right target. I did so I kill him but instead of a mission completed I got a bounty on my head. Check my missions and the mission disappeared after he was killed.

Rage uninstalled after I realized I couldn't dock at Laming Vision to pay off my bounty and retrieve my Asp. Would love to know their reasoning behind introducing a waiting period on bounties.

Did some reading this morning and found out you can set a bounty to dormant by getting killed. So I bought a sidewinder and got myself killed. Then got killed in another 4 Sidewinders trying to get into Laming Vision for my Asp. Finally got in, hoping I can make it out of the system, because I really do not want to pay the 350,000 rebuy on it.

End of rant.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Kushan on January 03, 2016, 12:29:47 PM
Incoming rant...

So last night I took on a assassination mission in the Zvaithhogg system. The target was in the same system so I'm thinking its an easy 150,000 credits. Well I go find, interdict him. Was a little odd when I noticed he wasn't wanted. Double checked my mission to make sure I had the right target. I did so I kill him but instead of a mission completed I got a bounty on my head. Check my missions and the mission disappeared after he was killed.

Rage uninstalled after I realized I couldn't dock at Laming Vision to pay off my bounty and retrieve my Asp. Would love to know their reasoning behind introducing a waiting period on bounties.

Did some reading this morning and found out you can set a bounty to dormant by getting killed. So I bought a sidewinder and got myself killed. Then got killed in another 4 Sidewinders trying to get into Laming Vision for my Asp. Finally got in, hoping I can make it out of the system, because I really do not want to pay the 350,000 rebuy on it.

End of rant.

Yeah, I've had this happen. 

Bounty Hunting missions don't always give wanted targets.  If you notice, sometimes Bounty Hunting missions are being offered by groups that are not in control of the system, sometimes even pirate factions.  This isn't always a problem if the target is in a different system as you can at least head back to your point of origin and get paid. 

The way I get around the problem is by either only taking missions in a different system or making sure I take kill missions that identify my targets as "Pirates" or some other criminal sounding name.  Never take missions targeting things like "traders" or "System Security". 

If you take a bounty to kill a named target, make sure it's offered by the group in authority in the system, and to be safe make sure he's preferably in an anarchy system, or at least in a different system from the group offering the bounty.  Either way, chances are he's going to be clean.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Jarhead0331

In my experience, if you want to make real money bounty hunting, find yourself a resource extraction zone and fly there. Patrol the region and scan any ship you come across with a warrant scanner. This will help you pick up bounties across systems and from multiple authorities. Coordinate your attacks on wanted criminals with local system security so you have back-up. You can quickly collect large bounties this way. I frequently collect upwards of $1,000,000 per run.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

bob48

LOL - I'm still struggling to get my game controllers sorted out ;-{
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Kushan

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 03, 2016, 03:29:33 PM
In my experience, if you want to make real money bounty hunting, find yourself a resource extraction zone and fly there. Patrol the region and scan any ship you come across with a warrant scanner. This will help you pick up bounties across systems and from multiple authorities. Coordinate your attacks on wanted criminals with local system security so you have back-up. You can quickly collect large bounties this way. I frequently collect upwards of $1,000,000 per run.

That is normally what I do. But until today I haven't been able to find any in the area of the galaxy I am in. Found one today on my way to somewhere else. Made close to 1.5 million total.

Only thing I need now for my Asp before I set out for my circumnavigation of the galaxy is an auto repair field and a better jump drive (although I could probably do without it).

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat

Jarhead0331

If there is one thing that is in desperate need of an overhaul, its the bounty system.

So I'm in federal space where I am considered a respected ally. My reputation is seriously like over 100%. I show up at a port and  they all just drop their pants. Last night I'm out on a bounty hunt and I've been flying with a local federal security force for about 40 minutes capping bad guys. I run into in a wing of 2 Vipers. I scan and cap one and then move onto the other, but in my haste, I open fire before I have scanned him completely identifying him as wanted. This instantly puts 200 credit bounty on my head. The guy ended up being wanted himself, of course, but it didn't make a difference. The federal patrol instantly viewed me as wanted and turned on me.  I was dead in under 30 seconds.

This makes no sense. There should be some kind of a warning system, and it shouldn't matter that you fire on someone who is wanted before you scan them. If they are wanted, they are wanted. Period. I wish Frontier would tweak this.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Rayfer

LOL...reminds of an experience with one of the old Ultima games. My party was in a store where I accidently hit the wrong key to steal rather than buy an item. The shop owner and ever citizen and guard in the entire city knew about it instantly and slaughtered my party within 60 seconds.

sandman2575

Not sure if this is common knowledge among Grogheads Elite players, but I thought this was very cool:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/01/26/elite-dangerous-galaxy-edge-journey/

"900 pilots in Elite: Dangerous have banded together to undertake a three month expedition to the far side of the galaxy. But such a long journey into deep space has its dangers. Breakdowns, accidents, fuel shortages and even player-led pirate gangs will mean many of the pilots won't make it. In this Ridealong, I met up with the organisers on the day of departure to witness the huge fleet launch into the deep unknown."

Even though this isn't something I'd really want to participate in (!), I love the fact that Elite makes something like this possible. I tend to be among the folks who feels like there isn't quite enough to do in Elite, but this is a great example of how Elite allows you to 'make your own fun.' 

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

This seems like it was actually being done in Horizons...? There are buggies and planetary descents.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JudgeDredd

Quote from: sandman2575 on January 26, 2016, 03:28:40 PM
Not sure if this is common knowledge among Grogheads Elite players, but I thought this was very cool:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/01/26/elite-dangerous-galaxy-edge-journey/

"900 pilots in Elite: Dangerous have banded together to undertake a three month expedition to the far side of the galaxy. But such a long journey into deep space has its dangers. Breakdowns, accidents, fuel shortages and even player-led pirate gangs will mean many of the pilots won't make it. In this Ridealong, I met up with the organisers on the day of departure to witness the huge fleet launch into the deep unknown."

Even though this isn't something I'd really want to participate in (!), I love the fact that Elite makes something like this possible. I tend to be among the folks who feels like there isn't quite enough to do in Elite, but this is a great example of how Elite allows you to 'make your own fun.'
I think I've bloody beat them!
Alba gu' brath