They are Billions -- addictive Colony Mangement / Tower Defense Game

Started by tanqtonic, January 05, 2018, 10:51:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuna

OJsDad

No. In fact the devs seem to have doubled down and using steam to make it almost impossible to save previous saves and restore them.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Tuna

That sucks, this company fails huge in listening to their customers. it's a shame cause it's really a fun game!

Geezer

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Tuna

I really enjoyed the one I finished. but I had to use the cheat save method to do it. That is such a PIA, that I have no desire to attempt another. If it had a simple save I would be all over it again.

OJsDad

If you disable Steam Cloud you can get around the inability to copy a previous save back. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bbmike

I don't get the 'you can't save your game' thing with developers. 7 Days to Die is like that. There are ways around it, but why prevent saving? It should always be an OPTION to do so.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Tuna

Quote from: bbmike on July 03, 2018, 05:01:22 PM
I don't get the 'you can't save your game' thing with developers. 7 Days to Die is like that. There are ways around it, but why prevent saving? It should always be an OPTION to do so.

More customers you make happy, the more sales you get.

OJsDad

From what Im reading the devs have no interest in making a non ironman option.

OJsDad

So, I figured out how to successfully backup and restore previous copies of saved games.  It does require coping files and disabling Steam Cloud for the game.

I made it to the end of the first map and got creamed.  The last wave that hits shortly after day 90 comes from all directions.  Not sure if you have to be aggressive and work on clearing the map to cut down on the numbers of if they spawn a boat load of zombies.  It's crazy though. 

PipFromSlitherine

I was super-excited about this game (being totally in my TD wheelhouse), until (as has been said) I saw that you could not save.  It's really odd, but you would be shocked at how many developers are over-concerned that everyone play their game the 'right' way...

Cheers

Pip

solops

Denial of choice. Indicates a rigid, totalitarian mindset. Typical zombie-ist thinking.
Brraaaaiins... nothing but Braaaaiinns...
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Tuna

Quote from: OJsDad on July 05, 2018, 11:03:00 AM
So, I figured out how to successfully backup and restore previous copies of saved games.  It does require coping files and disabling Steam Cloud for the game.

I made it to the end of the first map and got creamed.  The last wave that hits shortly after day 90 comes from all directions.  Not sure if you have to be aggressive and work on clearing the map to cut down on the numbers of if they spawn a boat load of zombies.  It's crazy though.

Yeah the first time you get to the end it surprises the heck out of you!!!.. Gotta learn to get those Markets going, so you can get the necessary cash.. then build up those n Wall/Gun Towers.. In the end they 'will' break through. .You just have to have your 'home' base alive at the end.. Got to a way earlier save and try again!

OJsDad

I think the biggest issue that the developer and their fanboi's are missing on the lack of a save is the novice and casual player.  I think most of use will go back and try a game from a previous save when we're first learning a game.  Even on games I'm experienced on, I will go back and try something different.  A game like Stellaris, you never get the same results twice.