Main Menu

Dominions 4

Started by Moreb, September 06, 2017, 07:23:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boggit

Quote from: Philippe on September 08, 2017, 04:15:53 PM
Dominions is a nice game, but I can't justify paying full freight for something that probably should have been included as a patch or at least a DLC.
Last time I saw it in on sale it was very affordable. Stick it in wishlist, then make a judgement whether the price suits when it next comes up on sale.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Nefaro

Quote from: Boggit on September 09, 2017, 08:27:56 PM
Dominions is a nice game, but I can't justify paying full freight for something that probably should have been included as a patch or at least a DLC.
Last time I saw it in on sale it was very affordable. Stick it in wishlist, then make a judgement whether the price suits when it next comes up on sale.

Was under $10 in the last sale, IIRC.

Moreb

Quote from: Nefaro on September 09, 2017, 11:27:10 PM

I have to ask.

Are you no good Missouri scum?

When dongles fly? - mirth

Nefaro

Quote from: Moreb on September 11, 2017, 04:44:59 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on September 09, 2017, 11:27:10 PM

I have to ask.

Are you no good Missouri scum?

;)

~~>

Moreb

It certainly takes one to know one.

SHOW ME BABY

Moreb

BTW, I went through a ton of video tutorial's this weekend and even  played a few turns and those who like this game are a bunch of sick mother******s.  but so far it looks like I am too. My 1080 graphics card is stuggling though :2funny:

'Which pixel is my commander?'

Nefaro

Quote from: Moreb on September 11, 2017, 04:56:28 PM
BTW, I went through a ton of video tutorial's this weekend and even  played a few turns and those who like this game are a bunch of sick mother******s.  but so far it looks like I am too. My 1080 graphics card is stuggling though :2funny:

'Which pixel is my commander?'

Wargamers are mental masochists.  Can't get enough.  Even when the 2D pixel graphics are making our $350 video cards push maximum heat levels, in order to sustain 60fps, it isn't enough.

ghostryder

Quote from: Boggit on September 07, 2017, 08:43:52 PM
Quote from: airboy on September 07, 2017, 08:17:52 PM
I keep Dominions 3 on my laptop.  Everytime I go on a cruise I end up playing it a lot.
I've got both, but I only use Dom4 now. Dom4 has all the Dom3 stuff plus more. It is definitely worth picking up, although if you've already got Dom3 get it in a sale. If not Dom4 is an amazingly deep yet playable fantasy wargame. O0

Not True. domIV has fewer races and dominions-lacks BDM and custom map downloads are lacking. DomIII overs far more complex God/Dominion choices and a much larger Strategic play. I much perfer DomIII with BDM ovewr DomIV--which quite never got the balancing DomIII recieved.