Humankind! Civ-like game from Endless Space developers

Started by Rayfer, August 19, 2019, 03:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

al_infierno

Quote from: steve58 on September 15, 2021, 12:23:04 PM
Wish I'd never sold my copy of Civ I  >:(

Dang man.  That's like having sold a first press Judas Priest album back in the day.   :(
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

solops

Quote from: W8taminute on September 17, 2021, 08:36:56 AM
I used to have Civ I on NES.  Fond memories.
Yeah, well this game is gonna leave you seriously short of fond memories. It needs some major fixes and my bet is that the devs are too impressed with their own cleverness to fix the stuff that needs changing.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

W8taminute

Quote from: solops on September 20, 2021, 07:11:04 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on September 17, 2021, 08:36:56 AM
I used to have Civ I on NES.  Fond memories.
Yeah, well this game is gonna leave you seriously short of fond memories. It needs some major fixes and my bet is that the devs are too impressed with their own cleverness to fix the stuff that needs changing.

Oh yeah based on what people have been saying both here and elsewhere I won't get this game. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

solops

I note that the average review on Steam has dropped from "Mostly Positive" to "Mixed". I have seen no indication that Amplitude plans to address the issues that bothered me the most.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Gusington

Anyone playing Humankind? Toying with the idea of picking it up on sale  :tophat:

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

solops

Nope. Still gathering dust, I have not seen that Amplitude fix the way they had wars and some other stuff set up. If they have, let me know. I found "Old World" to be a better civ-game.

Gusington

^Thanks. I love Old World and will be playing it again soon, lots of updates to it since I last played. I do suck at it though  :ThumbsUp:

What was it about the wars that irked you?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tanaka

I see this game at 80% off on Steam. Anyone like and recommend?