Started by Jarhead0331, August 27, 2017, 02:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Cautiously optimistic.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Yskonyn

They claim it should be a proper follow up on X3 and be a proper X-game this time around. With multiple ships to pilot and the ability to create an empire once again.
Definately on my radar.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Steelgrave

Nice! Here's hoping.....

Kushan

Like JH, I'm cautiously optimistic. I didn't think we'd ever see another X universe game.

My only hope is that its just as moddable as X3 is.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Yskonyn

X3 still looks amazing. Perhaps I should restart a career in that game again to hold me over until X4.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Jarhead0331

^not only does it still look great, but its still actively being worked on and supported. Several significant patches have dropped over the last number of months.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

bboyer66

They developers already said there will be no Boron which kind of sucks as they had some of the coolest ships in the X universe.  :( :(     Yet I am sill cautiously optimistic as well.

Jarhead0331

November 30th release date. Would love for them to do an early beta release for pre-orders...

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

FlickJax

One of my friends has been doing the translations, he believes they have got it right this time.

Sparhawk

I'm excited. But then again I was excited for X-Rebirth... I may purchase this full price but not first day. I'm itching to start a game of X3 tonight.

Geezer

I bounced off Terran Conflict and Albion Prime after a couple of tries with each.  Both just felt boring to me.  Will wait for reviews on this one before deciding.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

mbar

I have X-rebirth and enjoy it. I'm truly hoping X4 knocks it out of the park and replace Elite Dangerous for me.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: mbar on October 03, 2018, 11:32:26 AM
I have X-rebirth and enjoy it. I'm truly hoping X4 knocks it out of the park and replace Elite Dangerous for me.

It is a totally different beast now than how it was at release, which was a bugged mess. Today, it is a good game in its own right, but very different from the other titles in the series, which is also why it remains a disappointment to some.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JudgeDredd

It took me a long, long, loooooong time to get into X3-Reunion. I had trouble with the open universe aspect and found it difficult to do any of the real basic stuff like making a living. However, once it clicked, I was in love.

X-Rebirth for me was not what I was looking for or hoping for. I'll be eagerly anticipating X4 reviews to see if it heads back to X3...which some of the things I've seen suggest so
Alba gu' brath

Yskonyn

I also had trouble getting into X3. It just requires you to sit through quite substantial amounts of 'sitting out the action', even at SETA max.
But then again a real time universe sim probably is like that anyway.
The fact that you can really create an empire in this game is super cool and frankly, no other games have done it on this scale afaik.

I really hope X4 is going to be great!