King without a FRIDAY

Started by Jarhead0331, January 24, 2020, 07:08:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Play testing Astra Exodus, DCS, of course, probably some more Mechwarrior 5, Old Man scenario in ARMA 3, something Total War and maybe exploring a few new mods in Star Wars Empire at War.

Enjoy y'all.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

On a whim a set up a game of Tannenburg (WWI eastern front shooter) last night and ran around in the woods screaming and shooting at German troops. It was entirely populated by bots (by design because I hate people), chaotic and exciting.

Also this weekend, perhaps more Age of Empires III (Wars of Liberty) and definitely some Fall of the Samurai.

May dabble in Iron Harvest and Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnaught alphas, and looking to purchase Unity of Command II and the Chaos expansion for Battlefleet Gothic Armada II.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Martok

If I get any gaming done this weekend, it'll be something Total War: probably Warhammer II, but Thrones of Britannia beckons as well. 

For now, though, I'm going to bed; it's been a long day.  'Night everyone. 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on January 24, 2020, 08:49:01 AM
On a whim a set up a game of Tannenburg (WWI eastern front shooter) last night and ran around in the woods screaming and shooting at German troops. It was entirely populated by bots (by design because I hate people), chaotic and exciting.

Also this weekend, perhaps more Age of Empires III (Wars of Liberty) and definitely some Fall of the Samurai.

May dabble in Iron Harvest and Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnaught alphas, and looking to purchase Unity of Command II and the Chaos expansion for Battlefleet Gothic Armada II.

Bots sounds good.  I like people so I'd rather kill bots.

Anguille

I've got the feeling that i am the only one not testing Astra Exodus  :pullhair:

Busy weekend as usual. As i completed both campaigns in Civilization 6 and Master of Orion CtS, i will focus on the following games:

- Endless Space 2
- Omerta: City of Gangsters
- Civilization: Beyond Earth
(new campaign).

-budd-

Still feeling the effects of a gaming slump. I'll do my FOG2 pbem turns, its the only pbem game going right now. I started dipping my toes into Panzer Battles North Africa.

Looking forward to your impressions of Astra Exodus JH once the NDA is lifted. It's in a crowed genre, curious what will make it stand out.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

W8taminute

Not sure if you guys are under NDA but can you share what your general impression is so far with Astra Exodus?

Gus I didn't know you could setup a match with only bots in Tannenburg.  I might have to pick this title up then.

As for my gaming this weekend:

Total Warhammer 2
Just picked up Total War Three Kingdoms
Heroes and Generals
Maybe some Master of Orion Conquer the Stars
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

CJReich46

Ehh...what am I to do?

Well I have off this weekend. So it might be EU IV? or Tower of Time (IF I CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO BEAT THAT DAMN BOSS) OR...Age of Wonders III I don't really know off hand.

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Gusington

Yeah W8 neither did I - but you can set up a private match and populate it with 62 bots, leaving slots open for yourself and one other actual human who will never show up because your game is private. And you know what? I STILL got killed, many times. I picked up both Tannenberg and Verdun hoping that one day there would be SP campaigns, but in the meantime using bots is not half bad.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

Lately I've been slogging away at Warhammer 40k: Armageddon, which is basically just an extremely well done Panzerhammer Corps.  Probably gonna keep it up through the weekend, especially now that I've gotten one of my buddies into Slitherine games (mostly Sanctus Reach, but he's beginning to branch out  :coolsmiley: ).  I tried a PBEM game of Sanctus Reach with him and got my ass handed to me.  I'm hoping I'll be able to turn the tables once he gets into Armageddon, since I've got a decent amount of PG experience under my belt vs being a total noob at the Battle Academy engine  :crazy2:

Once I get sick of shuffling around Leman Russes I'll probably fall back on one of my constant staples: Advanced Tactics Gold, NetHack, Space Beast Terror Fright when I'm feeling cooperative...

I've been itching to fire up a new campaign of War in the East... but for now, I'm satisfied with beer-n-pretzel shenanigans and high-culture memes:

Quote from: W8taminute on January 24, 2020, 12:28:49 PM
Not sure if you guys are under NDA but can you share what your general impression is so far with Astra Exodus?

DasTactic and I think Explorminate have done some videos on it, if you're just looking for general impressions.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

-budd-

Quote from: al_infierno on January 24, 2020, 01:27:13 PM
Lately I've been slogging away at Warhammer 40k: Armageddon, which is basically just an extremely well done Panzerhammer Corps. 

did you look at the community mod here, it expands things quite a bit    http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=235&t=79526

There's other mods still be worked on in the mods forum

al_infierno

Quote from: -budd- on January 24, 2020, 03:18:09 PM
Quote from: al_infierno on January 24, 2020, 01:27:13 PM
Lately I've been slogging away at Warhammer 40k: Armageddon, which is basically just an extremely well done Panzerhammer Corps. 

did you look at the community mod here, it expands things quite a bit    http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=235&t=79526

There's other mods still be worked on in the mods forum

I hadn't seen that, but I know somebody made a fairly extensive mod that adds all the tabletop rules to the game.  I never played tabletop Warhammer, but I can definitely appreciate such a labor of love.  I'll definitely be downloading this mod, and checking out the others --  thanks Budd  O0
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Wolfe1759

Recently got round to getting Gathering Storm so continuing my Civ VI game as America, also just added the remaining expansions to EU IV from the current Humble Bundle so going to start to re-learn that and probably some Battletech or Grimdawn for a change of pace.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

twitter3

Quote from: CJReich46 on January 24, 2020, 12:53:58 PM
Ehh...what am I to do?

Well I have off this weekend. So it might be EU IV? or Tower of Time (IF I CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO BEAT THAT DAMN BOSS) OR...Age of Wonders III I don't really know off hand.

I plan on some Tower of Time as well. I am still on the first level with my two party members. I've trained them up to level 2 and was able to improve a few weapons. Are you referring to the boss on that first level? If so, that is where I am stuck as well. Taking a page from another thread, I have tried to find a walkthrough but have not been successful in finding a detailed one. I guess I will take another crack at the boss this weekend.

-budd-

RE: Tower of Time, can you adjust the difficulty during your play through? Always appreciated that feature in other games.