Combat Mission status

Started by RyanE, May 27, 2018, 02:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IICptMillerII

If you own the original game and all of the modules, the upgrade price is $35 USD. Not sure how it'll work for people who only own some modules and not all.

CMSF2 will be its own install. As in, there will be no hassle of patching or anything like that You buy CMSF2, download it as a completely separate game, install it and play.

All order histories are tracked except a very specific few. Apparently, all one needs to do is submit a support ticket and they will verify the purchase data.

Hopefully we get something soon.

Pinetree

It's $15 to upgrade the base game & $10 per module or $35 to upgrade the lot. I never got the Nato module so it's still $35 for me anyway. Plus another $35 to purchase the v.2 Nato module.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: IICptMillerII on August 08, 2018, 05:27:36 PM
If you own the original game and all of the modules, the upgrade price is $35 USD. Not sure how it'll work for people who only own some modules and not all.

CMSF2 will be its own install. As in, there will be no hassle of patching or anything like that You buy CMSF2, download it as a completely separate game, install it and play.

All order histories are tracked except a very specific few. Apparently, all one needs to do is submit a support ticket and they will verify the purchase data.

Hopefully we get something soon.

I hope they do make it easy, not sure if I trust their system to easily have data that is over 10 years old....I seem to have the download file, but could of sworn I got on CD too...but I don't have any receipt or email confirmations still and haven't located the CD.  Although I do have the license code.  For $35, I will be willing to upgrade, but I just hope I don't have to wait for weeks until after release for them to figure it out.  And if for whatever reason they don't have my order information, hope they "trust" their past customers.

Ubercat

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on August 08, 2018, 08:20:10 PM
I hope they do make it easy,
And if for whatever reason they don't have my order information, hope they "trust" their past customers.

:DD  Sorry, nothing personal.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

DennisS

Quote from: mirth on May 27, 2018, 03:51:23 PM
CMBB is one of the greatest computer wargames of all-time.

One of the greatest wargames, for sure. I keep looking at games that have that similar feel. Same thing for Sid Meier's Gettysburg...there are similar games, but the execution just isn't what I need.

dinsdale

$35 for a complete upgrade is very reasonable, they deserve credit for considering an 11 year old game an upgrade price.

I can't think of many others that have done anything like this, maybe Lock and Load did it for the inital command ops 2 release.  I've lost count of the number of Football Managers and Hearts of Irons I've bought at full price, and I the only one surprised they've given this much of a discount?

Destraex

I saw something somewhere that said each module was $10 for existing owners. Stand by ion control.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Destraex

Found it but cannot upload from phone atm.

Destraex

Grim.Reaper

yep, couple people confirmed upgrade pricing above....

Destraex

Yeah. It's hard on the phone at work. I only had time to read the last page here.

Michael Dorosh

Well, I imagine I can just upgrade my original game but would have to buy the new modules at the full price (if I decide to) since I never had the originals. That's fair as well.

Elvis

Geez.....I gotta poke my head in more frequently......miss a minute and ya miss a lot.

To answer a question that a coupla/few have asked, I've had access to the customer base and order base for about a month now (it was above my paygrade before). I can dig up any orders since 2007 (I can't swear off the top of my head what month of 2007 but before CMSF was released). So, if people can't find their old orders open a Help Desk ticket and I can find it. The most common problem is when someone has created 2 accounts and don't know it or remember doing it.

Cyrano

@Elvis -- You're a gentleman and a scholar.

What hope for those, if I may ask, who did not order from BFC but purchased the hard-case version at retail?

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Elvis

Quote from: Cyrano on August 10, 2018, 12:04:15 PM
@Elvis -- You're a gentleman and a scholar.

What hope for those, if I may ask, who did not order from BFC but purchased the hard-case version at retail?

Good question. The Paradox purchases are something that I specifically asked about. People who got the Battlefront  "Retail Upgrade" had their keys converted to Battlefront keys with that. So, they will qualify.  People who never did that won't. There just isn't a way to use Paradox keys in the system (or frankly even know if they are actual keys to anything). So, they won't be eligible.  If memory serves me correctly there was a point that regular patches wouldn't work with the Paradox. And also, if memory serves, I don't think you could run a module on the Paradox version.  So, my guess would be that there are very few CMSF players who own just the base game without the Retail Upgrade that are still paying attention to CMSF. But that is pure speculation.