Hello from (general) Seattle area

Started by ToasterBin, March 03, 2016, 06:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToasterBin

Hi,

Getting closer to retirement, so life is slowing down a bit and I'm finding time to more fully explore my hobbies.  While I've had games, and played a few, I'd really classify myself a "newbie"

Pleased to be enjoying this group and playing more often.

ToasterBin

mirth

Welcome! Any particular areas of interest?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

ToasterBin

Hmmm, WW2 generally, but also have an interest in other periods as well. 

MetalDog

Welcome to Grogheads, ToasterBin!  Computer games?  Board games?  Card games?  Something different?  Should be a place here you can find out anything you want.  And we're generally a friendly lot, so ask as many questions as you'd like :)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

ToasterBin

D.  All of the above.  With a preference to board games, conflict simulations.

Sir Slash

Hey ToasterBin. Welcome to the Grogs. When I retired I thought I would have all the time in the world to catch-up on my gaming. I think I actually play less now than when I worked. I've thought about going back to work just to get some rest.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Bison

Quote from: ToasterBin on March 03, 2016, 07:09:11 PM

So your a RPGer, eh?   Welcome aboard!

ToasterBin

Quote from: Bison on March 03, 2016, 07:36:18 PM
Quote from: ToasterBin on March 03, 2016, 07:09:11 PM

So your a RPGer, eh?   Welcome aboard!

Er....

ToasterBin

Quote from: Sir Slash on March 03, 2016, 07:26:24 PM
Hey ToasterBin. Welcome to the Grogs. When I retired I thought I would have all the time in the world to catch-up on my gaming. I think I actually play less now than when I worked. I've thought about going back to work just to get some rest.

Yeah, I've heard that from other people, too.  I'm hoping things are a bit different for me...I traveled a great deal for work, which, not only kept me from hearth and home, but also kept me pretty busy.  Now that I am no longer traveling and only working part time (which will hopefully continue for awhile, anyway), I am finally getting to projects and hobbies that I've set aside for some time.  Hopefully, I will be able to continue to carve out time for them, going forward.

bbmike

Come on! You retired guys are supposed to be playing War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition.  :P
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Bison

I don't think you can finish that game even in retirement.

Sir Slash

My great hope is to one day finish Skyrim. Or at least get to become a werewolf.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Bison