Power & Revolution: Geo-Political Simulator 4

Started by Grim.Reaper, June 04, 2016, 11:07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

I wonder if any of these games will ever be worth playing...always get the impression buggy and never scratches the itch, but they release a new version every year....here is the latest...no way I am trying at $50:)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/467520/

About This Game
Discover the world's benchmark of geopolitical simulators today!
In Power & Revolution, the fourth generation of Geopolitical Simulator, become a Head of State of one or several countries of your choice and extend your influence on the world, or play as a legal or illegal opposition leader and get ready for the conquest to power!
PLAY AS THE OPPOSITION
Choose your political party or illegal organization and try to overthrow the powers that be by force, revolution or democratic election! Control the opposition forces, manage the party budget, talk to the media, take a position on legislative bills, start protest movements, win your independence, infiltrate the spheres of power, raise an army with the help of foreign countries or illegal groups and conquer all the territory or the capital city !
MOST REALISTIC DEPICTION OF CURRENT CONFLICTS
Syria, Iraq, Libya, Ukraine, Nigeria, Yemen,... The world map includes all the war zones down to the smallest details : occupied territories, cities under seige, localized military units, international military bases, terrorist group manpower and equipment...
CITY BATTLE PHASES
Detailed maps of cities with main buildings, town squares and main roads and maps specifically for important capitals Lots of components to control : demonstrators, hooligans, armed extremists, rocket launchers, riot police, police vans, snipers, armored tanks...
Progress through the scenario by capturing symbolic locations : parliament, television station, bank, headquarters, presidential palace, bunker,...
A TOTALLY UNIQUE SIMULATION ENGINE
The game engine, Geopolitical Simulator 4, includes over 600 data elements for each of the 175 playable countries and calculates their changes in real time throughout the game based on players' actions. Some examples include popularity ratings, political relations, and economic exchanges between countries. Various organizations, including NATO, use the technologies in the Power & Revolution simulator for education and training.
Over one thousand playable actions. At the country's helm, the player/head of state can act in many areas: budget, taxation (nearly thirty types of taxes), currency, economy (over 130 economic activities), foreign and domestic affairs, defense, society, labor, health, social security, education, environment, transportation, culture, and more.

Propose bills to be voted on in Parliament, for example: setting social welfare benefit minimums, changing the retirement age, developing atomic weapons in secret, subsidizing the auto industry, hiring teachers, defining the powers of unions, setting speed limits on roads, regulating prostitution, creating an international film festival, etc.

The player can also construct elements on the world map, which will change accordingly: nuclear plants, wind farms, military bases, pipelines, high-speed train lines, airports, and many more.
PLAYABLE SCENARIOS
More than twenty scenarios are integrated in the game, such as "War in Iraq and Syria", "Revolutions! ", "Separatism", "Mess in Ukraine", "Libyan Chaos", "Terror in Nigeria", "Yemeni Puzzle", "Threats in Somalia", "American commitment against climate change", "2016 US Elections", "Presidential Marriage"... Take advantage of highly precise world conflict maps with front lines, occupied territories, besieged cities, international military bases, personnel and equipment of terrorist groups...
OTHER NEW FEATURES
Update of geopolitic and economic data as of January 1st,2016
Detailed electoral campaign: televised debates, meetings, campaign budget, electoral platform, polls
New redesigned and optimized interface
Acceleration of simulation calculations with use of multithreading
In-depth simulation of unemployment
Evaluation, development and regulation of shale oil and gas
Integration of reconnaissance and combat drones, mobile rebels camps
Specific interface for multiple screens and 4K screens
And new legislations, new characters, new organizations, new administrative regions...
200 new personnalities with 3D body and face animations.
MULTIPLE INTEGRATED OPTIONS
Game operating as single-player with a multi-country mode allowing play with several countries simultaneously
Game settings: terrorist activities, probabilities of natural disasters, reactivity of the populations, outbreak of war
Player ranking online and in real time
Incorporation of your own photos, logos, names to make the game even more realistic
Interactive tutorial and game help available at all times during the game (in beginner mode)
Learn about geopolitics by playing the QUIZZ mode, including more than 3000 questions
Enjoy different configurations with double screen or 4K screen offering a customized interface
More than 16000 texts and 10 hours of dialogs. 100% in English

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Grim.Reaper

Their descriptions always sound interesting but not falling for it!!!

tgb

Every year they repackage the same game under a new name and charge top dollar.  Commisar Bro has a couple lf Let's Plays up, but I'm not spending $50 on this.

Boggit

Conceptually great, but it looks like the execution is sh*t, with a price to match. That said, it's Eversim, and they do not do mass market prices.  :(
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

bbmike

Yeah, I bought the very first one. None since then.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

OJsDad

Steam has this on sale, packaged with the 2018 DLC for $37.78.  The 2017 DLC is also on sale, for $11.24.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

solops

I have this pricey game on my wish list, but every time it goes on sale (at never more than a modest discount) I read the reviews and come away with the impression that it is still buggy as heck and not playable through to the "end". Guess I'll just keep on watching and hope they get all of the game systems working someday. I'd even pay full price if it worked.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

OJsDad

I know what you saying Solops.  I think I'm going to pull the trigger on it this time though.  Maybe.  I thought there was another thread here that some people were giving it some good reviews.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.