New Zombie Game from HPS WTF ???

Started by Zulu1966, July 19, 2018, 03:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu1966

"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Tuna

I wonder if the Zombie genre has passed WWII yet?  :2funny:

Grim.Reaper

HPS has become a sad joke......so sad to see that.

BanzaiCat

Because, bros! Zombies are like, this totally new and awesome thing that people haven't gotten nearly enough of, yet!  :uglystupid2:

RyanE

There are still people running around saying HPS is imminently going to release POA2 public beta.  And here they are releasing this.  Go figure.

Nevermind...Just checked and they finally released the patch at the end of May.  Once again, my righteous indignation wasted.

solops

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 19, 2018, 04:00:18 PM
Why? Just, why!?  :hide:
You poor, innocent soul. Because. Remember when we were in college (before PCs)? The mantra for games was NNN - NATO, Nukes and Nazis. Now it is ZNN -  Zombies, Nukes and Nazis. Not much need for NATO any more, given no Soviets Bloc to fight and all. But Zombies! EVERYBODY can get behind the mindless mass slaughter of Zombies!

Brraaaiiinssss.....
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

-budd-

Since i'm a sucker for anything zombie, i'll probably get this sooner or later. looks like the same system as the Vietnam game,which is a nice quick play diversion. I'd like to know how many different environments/ maps are in the game. Not a lot of info on the game, just basics.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

solops

I guess that makes Zombies the new NATO????!!?!?
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Steelgrave

jomni

are they going the way of Shrapnel Games?

Toonces

Quote from: RyanE on July 19, 2018, 05:46:21 PM
Once again, my righteous indignation wasted.

If only my sig line wasn't so bloatingly bloated already....you almost made the list friend!   :2funny:
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Destraex

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Destraex on July 19, 2018, 11:23:29 PM
It's in vogue. ww2 zombies.

Okay, I'll be the first to call out the zombie fetish for being a bit over-played, but admittedly it looks like it might be a great mindless action movie. The only thing slightly ??? thing is the black paratrooper - don't get me wrong, it's no big deal to me, it's a movie and not meant to be taken seriously, but historically it makes zero sense as integration certainly not a thing at the time. (Nor were zombies, and it's a movie, so why not, throw in whatever. If the movie works, it works.)