Cuz Curtis Loew was the finest FRIDAY to ever play the blues!

Started by MetalDog, June 14, 2019, 05:39:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Last work day before a week of vacation.  Got p&p D&D on tap with a bunch of Civ goodness, too.  Looking into earlier iterations of Field of Glory.  We'll see if I can pull the trigger on that.

Happy weekend, Grogs!!!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Dammit Carl!

Lordy.  Where does the week go?

Gonna split my time between packing a POD, looking at a 00's Passat's cooling leak and trying to paint some more stuff in the home.

Otherwise, I'll be dropping fools in RS2/RS2 Vietnam/ARMA/ and trying to spend some quality time with IL2.

TTFN all!

Gusington

Enjoy your time Dawg.

I really feel like the world is out to get my family this week. Our dryer is on the blink, The Wife is down with a sinus infection, and I have been up since 4 this morning trying to figure out why my well ran dry.

If I can get past these issues there will of course be more ASSCREED Odyssey, FoG2 and I've been toying with the idea of starting a Rome 2 campaign as the Seleucids.

Good morrow, all!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Jarhead0331

Most likely more DCS in VR, IL-2 Battles and Tank Crew, Steel Division 2 beta and perhaps some Star Citizen 3.5.1...

Have a good weekend everybody.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

mikeck

I finally bought a new joystick and HOTAS setup, sat down with Flaming Cliffs 3 (F-15c) and learned to start it/fly it/fight it. Basically learning mechanics.  I also purchased the Mirage 2000 and the AV-8B Harrier. Far more complex than FC3 aircraft obviously but I feel comfortable with the FC3 aircraft so I think its time.

My biggest complaint about US aircraft (and one of the reasons I went with the Mirage 2k)....dont laugh too hard...I hate that the AIM-120 and AIM-9 don't leave cool white smoke trails. I know it's realistic but man, I want a little "movie" combat in my sim. Plus, I'm sorry but the Mirage series of aircraft are just sleek and cool as hell. So for A/A it will be the mirage. For A/G, the Harrier. I decided to go with the AV-8 because it's such an interesting platform that I will spend time learning it. Also had a variety of ordinance, seems to be one of the easier ones to learn mechanically and JH recommended it.

So, my 'puter time this weekend will be solely DCS Mirage and Harrier. I'm determined to finally make the plunge
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Jarhead0331

Quote from: mikeck on June 14, 2019, 08:26:04 AM
I finally bought a new joystick and HOTAS setup, sat down with Flaming Cliffs 3 (F-15c) and learned to start it/fly it/fight it. Basically learning mechanics.  I also purchased the Mirage 2000 and the AV-8B Harrier. Far more complex than FC3 aircraft obviously but I feel comfortable with the FC3 aircraft so I think its time.

My biggest complaint about US aircraft (and one of the reasons I went with the Mirage 2k)....dont laugh too hard...I hate that the AIM-120 and AIM-9 don't leave cool white smoke trails. I know it's realistic but man, I want a little "movie" combat in my sim. Plus, I'm sorry but the Mirage series of aircraft are just sleek and cool as hell. So for A/A it will be the mirage. For A/G, the Harrier. I decided to go with the AV-8 because it's such an interesting platform that I will spend time learning it. Also had a variety of ordinance, seems to be one of the easier ones to learn mechanically and JH recommended it.

So, my 'puter time this weekend will be solely DCS Mirage and Harrier. I'm determined to finally make the plunge

Good for you! Hope you enjoy it. The Mirage is a hoot to fly. Great aircraft...but yeah, your reason for not preferring US aircraft??? Laaaaaaaaame! Without the contrails, the missiles are much more lethal...for obvious reasons!

Regardless, glad you're taking a deep plunge.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

GroggyGrognard

I plan on several hours of World of Warships. Now with the Dead City update out, I would like to pick up my game again in ATOM RPG that I dropped a few months ago.

Quote from: Gusington on June 14, 2019, 07:48:01 AM
Enjoy your time Dawg.

I really feel like the world is out to get my family this week. Our dryer is on the blink, The Wife is down with a sinus infection, and I have been up since 4 this morning trying to figure out why my well ran dry.

If I can get past these issues there will of course be more ASSCREED Odyssey, FoG2 and I’ve been toying with the idea of starting a Rome 2 campaign as the Seleucids.

Good morrow, all!

I've been tempted to get ASSCREED ODYSSEY over at the PS4 store because it is on sale for 24 bucks. One criticism about the game that I've read that is holding me back a bit from buying is that the missions are repetitive. And I do have quite a backlog of games to get through already.

Best of luck with the dryer, Gus.

Have a safe weekend and happy gaming Grogs!

Groggy

"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

Pete Dero

Quote from: GroggyGrognard on June 14, 2019, 10:31:51 AM
One criticism about the game that I've read that is holding me back a bit from buying is that the missions are repetitive.

I spend over 130 hours on Odyssey and I don't regret a minute of it.  I admit some side missions could get repetitive but there is so much you can do that this didn't become an issue for me.

At these prices it's almost like stealing  : 35 € for the gold edtion (https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/assassins-creed-odyssey-gold-pc/)

For me it will be DCS and IL-2 Great Battles.

MengJiao

Quote from: mikeck on June 14, 2019, 08:26:04 AM

The Mirage is swell.  I think I'm likely to be continuing a boardgaming thing, though.

Sir Slash

A moment of silence in co-misery of Gus' domestic difficulties......... OK. That's done. Now, it's time to get serious about finishing my DC: Sealion Campaign. I got about 9 more turns to go and I just got my Panzers across the Thames. But, DAMN, those Brits are tough. Way more than the Poles or the Cheese-eaters in France. Have a great weekend Grogs.  :hug:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Thanks all for the thoughts. Well issue is resolved...took a hot shower while drunk. I highly recommend it. Let's just say it was The Wife's fault...again...for the 10th year in a row...for the well to run down.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

nelmsm

Well if I get any spare time I think I'll finally give FOGII a serious try.

mikeck

Well, sat down at 5pm. Buy 9pm I had started the Harrier, knew how to fly around, work the HUD modes, shot up stuff with rockets, cluster bombs, snake eyes and maverick laser guided missiles. I DID have to click on the "pre assigned" INS coordinates. I can't sit there for 15 minute entering long/lat coordinates

Man, the Harrier is a blast to fly. The sound of that engine and some of the moves you can do with those nozzles adjusted are amazing. Tomorrow, I'll work on laser guided bombs and SEAD missions. Then I'll work on the boring stuff like navigation, communication stuff, etc.

I'm glad I invested the time in a DCS plane. I'm barely scratching the surface and I can see why people get into this.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Huw the Poo

After playing the PS4 version for months after it launched, I recently bought the PC version of Elite: Dangerous and I'm loving it.  Especially how easy it is to make creds these days; I'm in a Type 7 already!

There will undoubtedly be some more Tower Unite with my friends this evening.  The minigames are getting so good that it's starting to eclipse other full games.  The minigolf, for example, is miles better than Golf With Your Friends.  Crazy.