Fairytale of Friday

Started by JudgeDredd, December 01, 2017, 06:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

As it's Christmas

I'll be working on the DCS Harrier. Managed to take off last night and land - though the landing couldn't be classed as successful.

I think I will also play some Project Cars 2 and perhaps take my F1 career a bit further in F1 2017.

If I have time and don't want to watch the telly, some Madden NFL 18 on the PS4 is a callin

Have a great weekend peeps  :smitten:
Alba gu' brath

Rayfer

JD...outstanding song choice... well done!! TOAW4 and TW: Shogun 2 this weekend.

Geezer

Eve Online
W40K Inquisitor Martyr
FoG II
Beta testing Desert War 1940-42

Edit - and Guild Wars 2.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Pete Dero

Is Shane Macgowan still alive ?

Continue my first campaign in Endless Space 2
Checking out the new Arma 3 DLC (Tac-Ops mission pack)
Starting the Sudden Strike 4 campaign

Jarhead0331

Star Citizen Alpha 3.0
ARMA III Tac-ops DLC
Falcon BMS
...more Star Citizen Alpha 3.0
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Anguille

I've got two Oriental Empires campaigns going on (one advanced and one new). I am also playing my second game of Dawn of Andromeda which is so much better than the first game they produced. I am having fun with it. I have i finish one of these, i'll continue my first campaign in Civilization 6. I also have my usual pbem (Field of Glory and Armada 2526).

Happy gaming guys.  :dreamer:

Cyrano

JTS x2 (Jena)

Jena KS

Three BETA-test games

Here I Stand -- Hard to imagine my love for this game being greater.  it's one of those I can see myself playing constantly "in the background" of other games.

Battle of Britain if my oversized map shows up.  Not playing without it...just not...although I really am liking the components -- planes included.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Tuna

Tedeschi Trucks concert tonight so psyched for that! Moving my gaming computer back down cellar this weekend since my son is coming home from his co op in NYC. Rudder pedals are still down there, so maybe I'll be hitting the virtual sky soon.

Been enjoying Project Zomboid, which I snagged during the sale. Also may continue my Strategic Command game.

Rayfer

Quote from: Anguille on December 01, 2017, 10:22:36 AM
I've got two Oriental Empires campaigns going on (one advanced and one new). I am also playing my second game of Dawn of Andromeda which is so much better than the first game they produced. I am having fun with it. I have i finish one of these, i'll continue my first campaign in Civilization 6. I also have my usual pbem (Field of Glory and Armada 2526).

Happy gaming guys.  :dreamer:

I was close to hitting the buy-button for Oriental Empires in both of Steams most recent sales but didn't.  What's your experience with it?  With the end of the year holiday sales around the corner, maybe the time will be right to do it.

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Gusington

Pogues! Well done!!

Trapped at Great Wolf Lodge in the Poconos for my little one's birthday until tomorrow...pray for me.

When I get home I will continue being in love with Pike and Shot Campaigns and try to salvage my Stainless Steel Polish campaign.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Let's see...

1.) Having caught up on DC:Blitz I'm waiting for Barthheart to return Turn 11 back.

2.) Fire in the Grogs 2 is burning along, with the 4th coup this weekend to play. Currently the commies are winning, although not enough to put the game away during this coup. AAR eps are already in production; but I'm not sure if I'll get start posting that series this weekend yet.

3.) One of those players, Dave Markman (iirc, who should be a Groghead member if he isn't yet), scored a default win off me in Twilight Struggle when I forgot for a month that we were playing it. To be fair, he was also ahead by 6 points when my time ran out. We've already started a new game, and I'm determined this time not to fall behind (in time if not on scoring).

4.) My Red Thunder game with Yskonyn is currently waiting for my next turn. I've been waiting until I caught up with DC:Blitz, but that's done now so...!

5.) I may start working on the AAR for a full game of Predynastic Egypt that I've already got the footage for.

6.) Back during the Thanksgiving sale, I picked up a reboot (by the original dev) of an old Amiga game (!!), now called Genesia Legacy: Ultimate Domain. It's a surprisingly in-depth turn-based town-survival sim, with rules that are meant to be discovered (in a somewhat roguelike way) as you play the game -- and your village dies. I messed around a couple of hours with it earlier this week, and rather like it.

7.) Plus several other possibilities to fill in niches of time, including possibly some Age of Empires 2 HD mping.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

CJReich46

I am off this weekend.

So, I am probably going to play some Stellaris, maybe Endless Space, Pike and Shot, who knows.

Just glad to be off this weekend.

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Arctic Blast

Trying to fix the New York Islanders in my Franchise Hockey Manager campaign (holy bad contracts, Batman!). Took a bit of a break from Shadow of War, but I feel the need to dive back in to that as well. And I want to get Brief History of the World and Lorenzo il Magnifico on the table to try them out and see what I think.

Ubercat

Quote from: Pete Dero on December 01, 2017, 09:23:12 AM
Is Shane Macgowan still alive ?

Yup, but Kirsty isn't. May the PoS that killed her be kidnapped by a Mexican drug cartel and tortured to death.  :tickedoff:  >:(
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell