Fairytale of Friday

Started by JudgeDredd, December 01, 2017, 06:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

Rising storm 2: Vietnam Australian free addon
Maybe check out what the new rome2 patch did.
I could load star citizen 3.0 ptu
Total war arena if they have fixed the friends system
Possibly some steel division and dow3 depending on what friends want
Maybe some holdfast again most of the above Is friend dependent
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

JasonPratt

Wait, did I forget that the new R2TW expansion drops or has dropped this week? I DID!?!?

Adjusting plans....  :smitten:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

I'm amending my list too...Empires of the Undergrowth came out today.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Staggerwing

Quote from: Ubercat on December 01, 2017, 03:43:47 PM
Quote from: Pete Dero on December 01, 2017, 09:23:12 AM
Is Shane Macgowan still alive ?

Yup, but Kirsty isn't. May the PoS that killed her be kidnapped by a Mexican drug cartel and tortured to death.  :tickedoff:  >:(

Not likely but one can always wish. The fucker actually responsible is too rich to face retribution in this life. However, there is always the next...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Kushan

Played some CMANO on my twitch stream tonight.

Flying my work desk tomorrow morning but when I get home I'm planning on spending some time in the Majestic Dash 8 Q400 for Prepar3d v4 that I picked up on sale a few days ago.

My Nieces birthday on Sunday so not sure I'll get much gaming in then. Maybe some FOG 2 or TOAW IV. Think my family would kill me if I brought my Surface Pro to game on? If I have the time, maybe another flight in the Dash 8 or another plane.

I also have a game going as the Duke of Aquitaine in Crusader Kings 2, so thats always a possibility as well.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Moreb

Quote from: Tuna on December 01, 2017, 10:55:29 AM
Tedeschi Trucks concert tonight so psyched for that!

So how was the show? This band rocks.
When dongles fly? - mirth

WallysWorld

Lots of Strike Fighters 2 trying out different user made campaigns from CombatACE.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Staggerwing on December 01, 2017, 08:13:41 PM
Quote from: Ubercat on December 01, 2017, 03:43:47 PM
Quote from: Pete Dero on December 01, 2017, 09:23:12 AM
Is Shane Macgowan still alive ?

Yup, but Kirsty isn't. May the PoS that killed her be kidnapped by a Mexican drug cartel and tortured to death.  :tickedoff:  >:(

Not likely but one can always wish. The fucker actually responsible is too rich to face retribution in this life. However, there is always the next...
There's alot of people in the world with a lot of money that can make shit go away  ::)
Alba gu' brath

Martok

Gotta love the Pogues!  Excellent choice, JudgeDredd.  :bd: 

I'm off the next three days, but I'll also be gone until Sunday.  When I return, I'm planning to dive back into Rome II Total War; I chose the Black Sea Colonies culture pack as my free DLC, so I feel compelled to try one of those factions.  Am also feeling the pull of Imperium Galactica II for some reason, so perhaps that as well (time allowing). 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

Is Pontus one of those factions or were they an original faction?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Pontus was in the original game. I know. I lost my ass as them.  :'(
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Martok

Technically, neither.  Pontus was added as a playable faction afterwards in one of the "Free-LC" updates. 

They're still one of my favorites, although as Sir Slash knows, they're not exactly the easiest faction to play as.  :P  They're probably not Armenia-level hard, but they're a decent challenge. 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Anguille

Quote from: Rayfer on December 01, 2017, 11:51:26 AM
Quote from: Anguille on December 01, 2017, 10:22:36 AM
I've got two Oriental Empires campaigns going on (one advanced and one new). I am also playing my second game of Dawn of Andromeda which is so much better than the first game they produced. I am having fun with it. I have i finish one of these, i'll continue my first campaign in Civilization 6. I also have my usual pbem (Field of Glory and Armada 2526).

Happy gaming guys.  :dreamer:

I was close to hitting the buy-button for Oriental Empires in both of Steams most recent sales but didn't.  What's your experience with it?  With the end of the year holiday sales around the corner, maybe the time will be right to do it.
I think it's a great game. The only "problem" is that you don't have a big variety with the different factions. You've got to have an interest in China. The main differences is between herders and farmers. Otherwise, most factions look very similar. The positive aspect is that they will be working on the game for a long time with at least a DLC on Tibet it seems. Visually, the game is fantastic as you can zoom in so close. I wished it had more info on the internal mechanics, especially the trade system as it is really complex. I recommend it.

Rayfer

Quote from: Anguille on December 02, 2017, 01:53:27 PM
Quote from: Rayfer on December 01, 2017, 11:51:26 AM
Quote from: Anguille on December 01, 2017, 10:22:36 AM
I've got two Oriental Empires campaigns going on (one advanced and one new). I am also playing my second game of Dawn of Andromeda which is so much better than the first game they produced. I am having fun with it. I have i finish one of these, i'll continue my first campaign in Civilization 6. I also have my usual pbem (Field of Glory and Armada 2526).

Happy gaming guys.  :dreamer:

I was close to hitting the buy-button for Oriental Empires in both of Steams most recent sales but didn't.  What's your experience with it?  With the end of the year holiday sales around the corner, maybe the time will be right to do it.
I think it's a great game. The only "problem" is that you don't have a big variety with the different factions. You've got to have an interest in China. The main differences is between herders and farmers. Otherwise, most factions look very similar. The positive aspect is that they will be working on the game for a long time with at least a DLC on Tibet it seems. Visually, the game is fantastic as you can zoom in so close. I wished it had more info on the internal mechanics, especially the trade system as it is really complex. I recommend it.

Thanks...it remains on my Steam wish list awaiting the end of year holiday sales.