Microsoft Buying Steam?!?

Started by bbmike, February 03, 2018, 09:56:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: RyanE on February 07, 2018, 08:25:33 AM
"As for pointing them to only apps on the MS store, that's exactly what Apple has done for years.  I don't agree with it, but their following an industry leader.  And, on top of that, those 60% who won't upgrade, don't care.  They have their web browsing and email.  That's about all they need.  Oh, and their solitaire."

All the people complaining about MS and getting locked into anything have obviously never worked in the iOS environment.  You can't do anything without Apple's approval.  It is the main reason most businesses haven't supported iOS devices until recently.  Apple has made a concerted effort to create some cracks in the system to get at field service workers and warehouse workers. 

Apple devices are the definition of the least common denominator in an OS.  It very difficult to get yourself in trouble playing around with it.  My wife has an iPad and I have an MS Surface.  She can't believe what I can do with the Surface.  But she also sees me tinkering and tweaking it all the time.

People forget how impressive MS Windows really is.  It runs on millions of devices that MS has no control over, other than market standards.  iOS only runs on devices directly designed and built under the complete control of Apple.  I am still astounded that MS can work as well as it does on such a huge variety of devices and in so many very complex applications.

+1. Great points.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18