Main Menu

Exercise Habits

Started by Bison, July 31, 2012, 01:59:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keunert

i finally took the plunge, a small one though. bought some weights and an app on my mobile with small 5 minutes workouts. every excersize just goes for 35 seconds and then nex comes. i do two times 5 minutes in the morning and the same in the evening. don't laugh but i was feeling muscle pains for the last days, but it is getting better. the short time really motivates me and i feel like not having an excuse to skip it.

i don't know how much effect these 20 minutes will have health wise but it feels good to do at least something. i will also look out for some family friendly fitness place like Bison described it.
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

Bison

Get some cardio in man.  Its easy and is one of the best ways to burn of the fat, especially running.  No need to sprint.  Just a slow jog until you cannot run any more then walk.  Slowly build up time and distance.  Start with like 2 miles.  Eventually you'll be able to run the whole way and then WANT to start adding distance or better time.

Gusington

^Agreed. Running/hiking/walking is great for you and really clears out the cobwebs from the braincase too.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Keunert

Oscar Wilde

Windigo

Staggerwing

Quote from: Keunert on September 25, 2012, 10:41:12 PM
what is cardio?

Exercise that makes your heart race and causes you to sweat a bit and burns off calories while strengthening your heart, lungs, and circulatory system. Good for building endurance. The term is short for 'Cardiovascular'.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Keunert

how often do you go running a week and for how long?
Oscar Wilde

Windigo

Bison

3-4 times a week.  Usually do 2-4 mile runs.  I'm not a marathon runner.  Some folks really love to do distance, but it takes awile to build up the endurance.

Gusington

I go out 4~5 times a week, 5 miles, on hilly terrain. In the beginning I hated it and the big hill made me vomit, but I like it now...to the point that I really feel like crap when I don't go.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

You walking or running the hill?

Gusington

A light jog. I aint no superman. Each time gets a little easier but I always want to vomit a little and I always feel like I am having an aneurysm. Exercise is good for you!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Keunert

Jogging: i tried it several times and gave up fast on it each time
swimming i liked a great deal better but that is not so easy anymore
after moving out of the city.

do you guys jog through winter too? or is there no winter where you live?
Oscar Wilde

Windigo

Bison

Quote from: Keunert on September 27, 2012, 01:32:29 AM
Jogging: i tried it several times and gave up fast on it each time
swimming i liked a great deal better but that is not so easy anymore
after moving out of the city.

do you guys jog through winter too? or is there no winter where you live?

I ran outside up to -20 F.  Its a matter of wearing proper clothes.  What's your temp?

Gusington

I walk/hike in the winter unless it is too icy. Then I use a treadmill or ski machine.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Keunert

35 -14 Fahrenheit are not unusual, a lot of rain during autumn and winter.
Nothing dramatic. just not very motivating for a warmduscher like me.
Oscar Wilde

Windigo

Bison

That's not too bad at all.  Just get out and jog/walk and keep at it.  I promise you that your better half will notice the changes before you ever do.