Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on December 09, 2017, 11:33:38 PM

More baggage lost.  Here is a Roman unit in the Rome II DLC having a lot of trouble with a Gothic Army.

Some baggage saved!  Protected Cruiser Lepanto fires a broadside somewhere in the Phillipines in 1898.

Sir Slash

Meng's been carrying this thread too long by himself.  TEAW: The Serbian Campaign-- a Minor Victory. But hey, a wins a win right?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Martok

^  Who were you playing as in that one?  Austria? 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on December 11, 2017, 11:06:09 PM

More baggage lost.  Here is a Roman unit in the Rome II DLC having a lot of trouble with a Gothic Army.

Some baggage saved!  Protected Cruiser Lepanto fires a broadside somewhere in the Phillipines in 1898.

Not much baggage in this Beaufighter cockpit (CLOD Blitz)

Sir Slash

Central Powers Martok, Germany, Austria/Hungary and Bulgaria. The Serbs were very tough by themselves and had some help from France and England.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on December 15, 2017, 11:39:31 PM

Not much baggage in this Beaufighter cockpit (CLOD Blitz)

Ju88A1 at sunrise

MengJiao

Less room for baggage -- same old cruiser with some minor improvements:

Sir Slash

chemkid

my anniversary coupon in action!  :crazy2:

-budd-

My only purchase so far in the Steam sale, The Forest, i do like my survival games. Day 12 so far no deaths, its pretty easy to avoid the cannibals as long as you choose your base spot wisely. Keeping your eyes open and sticking to the shadows works pretty well, you figure out pretty quickly the high traffic areas. Food and water isn't too much of an issue, plenty of animals to hunt and you put up a couple rain collectors for water, as long as it rains..no problemo. The grind so far has been minimal, if you build fancier bases you will have to grind for resources but its not to bad. i have three simple bases, 2 are tree houses/platforms and ones just a lean to type of thing.

My second built base, tree house, with a water collector. i put another water collector on the ground.

Sorry buddy, need the meat and the shell.

First Kill of the cannibal scum. The cannibals come in different color/body paint schemes, red, blue, not sure if thats some sort of hierarchy or what. Some have head dresses with actual heads.

Managed to fall off a cliff into the ocean, had to swim a long ways to find a beach.....found an anchored ship also, ended up sleeping in this area as my base was a long way back and it gets really dark.

Welcome to Fantasy Island....i mean Cannibal island.

A group came upon me suddenly. They only seem to go into the water to their knees, eventually you have to come out, they followed me along the shore for a bit.

Eventually i came out  of the water and made a run for it. Went over a hill and ran into a passel of the scumbag cannibals. I had about 7 Molotov's on me at the time, when i came over that hill into a group of them i armed and started firing the molotov's at them..............helps if you light them first :DD chucked 3 before i realized they weren't lit, ended up chucking 3 more lit ones. One hit and killed a cannibal the rest scared off. As i was running away i ran into this mutant freak....must be some inbreeding going on.

This place seems to be central to the cannibals. i've picked up notes and clues to the story along the way. This place will warrant closer inspection in the future.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Sir Slash

Nice pointy stick. Is that Maple?  :P

-budd-

Some more from the Forest. Game has one thing 7days to die doesn't have, an over arching goal and smaller goals, things to accomplish over than survive. I'm still exploring and messing with the crafting, building. 23 days of survival so far, had a couple of close calls but no deaths so far. I might restart on a higher difficulty.

Casa De la Budd

Had two base attacks by the cannibals before my walls were up, added a trap and some protection. The walls with the windows are weaker than the stockade walls.

inside the walls, fire pit,food drying rack, water collectors, log holder, animal skin rack, also have a storage cabinet and garden not in the shot. i'm just testing, so i just jammed it all in there.

cannibal bi*ch tried to sneak up on me while i was finishing some building after dark...burn bi*ch burn.

Scouting a cannibal village, found an opening to a cave.

Coast was clear so i entered the cave, dark as fu*k in here. I was prepared, 7 Molotov's, 4 sticks of dynamite[found in an old crate], flaregun with 5 flares, bow and 15 arrows, 2 clubs, and a spear,.....bring it. Wait.....maybe i shouldn't be here..freaky shit going on.

So i hear a noise and snuff out my torch and crouch in the dark...can't see shit..so i fire a flare toward the sound.....O boy.

Time for the dynamite..yeehaw

Hit the freak with a flare gun shot, then another stick of dynamite......that did the trick..unfortunately i made a shitload of noise and i'm starting to hear a lot of sounds, time to find an exit and come back later. It looks like a massive cave complex, i didn't get very far but did come out with a compass and a map that fills in as i explore.

Decided to start working my way to the other side of the island, make a small base over there. There some snow capped mountains i'm going to explore. On the way over....folks we have crocodiles...almost got a piece of my ass, wasn't expecting that. That's my new skull club, does some wicked damage to the cannibals.

Shot from my tree base on the other side of the island. Going to need some deer skins to keep warm to explore the snowy mountains.

Hunting some deer for skins, none yet, the mountains will have to wait.

There's enough content in the game for me to recommend for the sale price if you like survival games. There are goals to achieve[ which i wont ruin by mentioning them ;)] which at least provides some context. The building, crafting, isn't complex as it works off a plans system instead of free building but the grind for resources isn't bad at all so far i find it a nice balance. I haven't noticed any major bugs, just some clipping issues which haven't been a big deal, no freezes or lockups and runs like a champ for me. It's kind of fun stalking some cannibals, waiting to catch one on there own and knocking the crap out of it with my skull club. if they see you they scream and more come running, time to get out of dodge at that point. If i'm camping out of my base, like on the beach, i'll build a fire, step into the shadows to see in any show up. Like this dude, didn't end well for him, put 2 arrows into him and then finished him off with the club. You can retrieve your arrows from bodies, nice touch, spear also.

Sir Slash

That game scares me just looking at the screenies.

-budd-

Continuing to explore " The Forest"

A new mutant freak joins the party, the four arm variety. i stick my nose out a little to far and the small quick grayish mutant saw me and attacked. he got a taste of my club, then i ran before the slow mutant freak came over.

Came across another mutant freak, no arms and makes a big thudding sound when it walks.

i figure its slow so i go in for a closer look. Well its not slow and has a jump on you attack, as well as a ram into you attack...ouch...it jump stomped me, i ran away with a lot less health. It was over by that log and i was on the rock when it launched....surprise, surprise.

If i get stuck out after dark or travel at night i pretty much stick to the shore line and don't venture across the middle of the island. i can always run into the water if they find me, at night you cant stay in the water to long because of the cold. i knock these things down when i come across them.

I make it back to Casa De La Budd.

just in time for another night time attack by the mutants, i hear a bunch of screaming and  i look out the window. They hit the trap side this time, 3 up, 3 down, i drag the bodies away and reset the trap.

The goals remain the same, get enough deer skins to handle the cold of the mountains. it takes like 10 deer and they seem to be the hardest to find. I did build a small raft so i'll test that out by boating around the island. I see a bunch of great white carcasses on the beach, wonder if my raft will be attacked. I think the mountains are the last territory to explore. There's no map of the island but you can build markers to leave behind and your bases are marked by an icons. I'll probably mess a bit more and then restart on a harder difficulty before i dive into the story goals so more.