IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Discussion

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 28, 2013, 06:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Nefaro

Quote from: JudgeDredd on March 15, 2018, 05:54:44 PM
Bought - BoS and BoM  O0

:bd:

You'll like.  BoS/X is sexayy and still has that ROF-style quality sound immersion I always loved.

Skoop

My god the p-39 is a blast.  It flies OK but the gunnery is perfect for me.  4,000 rounds of 30cal, 400 rounds of 50cal, and 60 rounds of 37mm, can't miss when your putting out a wall of lead.  The 37 with AP rounds is a sight to be hold when you get a hit.  I saw one round rip a stuka apart from tail to nose.  I'm going to have to remember to start clicking on the gun camera.

Tuna

Quote from: Nefaro on March 15, 2018, 11:26:30 PM
Bought - BoS and BoM  O0

You'll like.  BoS/X is sexayy and still has that ROF-style quality sound immersion I always loved.

Ready for some MP again? I'll move my pedals, stick and Track IR upstairs!

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on March 16, 2018, 05:55:15 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on March 15, 2018, 11:26:30 PM
Bought - BoS and BoM  O0

Ready for some MP again? I'll move my pedals, stick and Track IR upstairs!

Doubt I'll be doing IL-2Bo again until I budget for the new Kuban content.

Even then, I haven't even turned on my gaming pc in three days.  Been in that general funk for months, other than an occasional Dom5 or TWW2 single-player taste.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Skoop on March 16, 2018, 04:45:37 AM
My god the p-39 is a blast.  It flies OK but the gunnery is perfect for me.  4,000 rounds of 30cal, 400 rounds of 50cal, and 60 rounds of 37mm, can't miss when your putting out a wall of lead.  The 37 with AP rounds is a sight to be hold when you get a hit.  I saw one round rip a stuka apart from tail to nose.  I'm going to have to remember to start clicking on the gun camera.

Heh.  I tried out the P-39 as well.  The 37mm is pretty awesome if you can score a hit with it. The muzzle velocity is so low, I feel like I'm firing a trebuchet when I watch the tracer plummet. 

A-20 is pretty fun as well but god damn, those gunners take forever to get into position!

IronX

That A-20's rear gun has a very limited magazine too, which makes it quite vulnerable to attack.

JudgeDredd

WOW. This "series" is DLC city  :pullhair:

Alba gu' brath

Nefaro

Quote from: JudgeDredd on March 17, 2018, 03:53:40 PM
WOW. This "series" is DLC city  :pullhair:

LOL.

That's every "series" nowadays.  Where ya been, JD?  :))

PanzersEast

So the day has finally arrived!  IL-2 is one sale and 3.001 has been released with Dynamic Campaign.... Time to drop Stalingrad and Moscow in my cart! 

Tuna

Good stuff! If you're looking for people to pair up with in MP let me know.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Tuna on April 03, 2018, 11:14:04 AM
Good stuff! If you're looking for people to pair up with in MP let me know.
Damn. I only bought this 20 days ago!
Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

Thinking of picking up myself...just curious, what version do people go with?  Steam or direct from web site?  Thought I read latest expansions won't be coming to Steam soon if at all so I was leaning towards direct from the company.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I bought direct from the company.  They provided keys to switch over to Steam if I want to.

I've been playing through an Ironman campaign in Kuban where I'm flying a P-39 for the 16th GIAP.  Survived 9 days so far, been shot down twice, and racked up 14 kills (4 Stukas, 1 FW-190A, 9 Bf-109 G-4s).