Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Started by son_of_montfort, December 19, 2013, 11:32:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAndrewD

Quote from: mikeck on March 16, 2018, 06:39:34 PM

Ok. I have Entered his service but I just finished training and beating that little lords skull in after I whipped him in archery. On my way to be a city guard. Think I might steal one

On another note, I see in the steam forum that many have a bug where there are no random bandit encounters anymore. Have you Guys?

I wouldn't steal one.  The hit to reputation is pretty bad and you're going to get one "Pebbles" for free at the start of the Neuhof quest.  You have to finish out the small city guard portion and go hunting with Capon after.  The entire point of the hunting with Capon portion is that you have no horse, you get to run along side his like the peasant you are. 

You can actually break a lot of questlines if you don't follow the road to the Neuhof quest called "The Hunt Begins".  It's more or less where the full story launches.

You get Pebbles right after, and you stop getting quests that require you to be at X at Y time for a bit. 

Yes, you can break random encounters if you talk to Timmy's Sister in "My friend Timmy" quest which is off the "Hunt Begins" line.  I'm not sure 1.3 fixed this, but it happened to me.   

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

mikeck

Quote from: SirAndrewD on March 16, 2018, 08:14:42 PM
Quote from: mikeck on March 16, 2018, 06:39:34 PM

Ok. I have Entered his service but I just finished training and beating that little lords skull in after I whipped him in archery. On my way to be a city guard. Think I might steal one

On another note, I see in the steam forum that many have a bug where there are no random bandit encounters anymore. Have you Guys?

I wouldn't steal one.  The hit to reputation is pretty bad and you're going to get one "Pebbles" for free at the start of the Neuhof quest.  You have to finish out the small city guard portion and go hunting with Capon after.  The entire point of the hunting with Capon portion is that you have no horse, you get to run along side his like the peasant you are. 

You can actually break a lot of questlines if you don't follow the road to the Neuhof quest called "The Hunt Begins".  It's more or less where the full story launches.

You get Pebbles right after, and you stop getting quests that require you to be at X at Y time for a bit. 

Yes, you can break random encounters if you talk to Timmy's Sister in "My friend Timmy" quest which is off the "Hunt Begins" line.  I'm not sure 1.3 fixed this, but it happened to me.

Hmmmm. So your saying I should kill Timmy and his sister to steal a horse. Got it.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

SirAndrewD

Quote from: mikeck on March 16, 2018, 11:02:01 PM

Hmmmm. So your saying I should kill Timmy and his sister to steal a horse. Got it.

Killing Timmy is entirely optional!  However, you'll already have a horse by "My Friend Timmy". 

I might recommend that you cheat when you get the quest option to go talk to Timmy's Sister, and find the location of the Bandit/Cuman garrison yourself though.  I don't know if they fixed that bug that kills random encounters.  I had to redo about 20 hours of game play to rectify that bug. 

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

mikeck

OK, I'm trying here but I want to explore the open world but I can't seem to hop off the rails the story have me on.  I thought that once you got to Rattay the tutorial/prologue ends and things open up. Nope. Then I'm told once I go on the hunt with Capon things open up.  Well as much as I love the stone that three hours of corn time back. That's a long damn hunt. And once I get back then I told him I must proceed with the captain and his men to another town. Please tell me after this mission I can finally go wander around and look at stuff

I love this phone but I want to actually play it rather than just moving through a story
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

SirAndrewD

The Prey, which is the long hunt quest with Capon is where things cease to be on rails.  The Hunt Begins is the next chapter.  As long as you follow Bernard's orders through the first part of The Hunt Begins, the world opens up as that quest is where he gives you leave to investigate the incident at Neuhof yourself. 

You'll be fully off rails as of the Ginger in a Pickle quest, which starts as part of Hunt Begins. 

So, you're in chapter 8 right now.  You just need to make it through chapter 9. 

Do not run off early on Hunt Begins.  It'll break the main quest badly for you, and it's by designer intent.  Bernard will execute that quest without you if you don't follow his orders, and that's not a good thing.

There is a caveat though, you can't get full combat training until after Henry's first major battle.  So you'll suck in combat until then.  Not having access to riposte sucks.

mikeck

Ok. So I investigated and activated "ginger in a pickle". Are you saying that I don't need to go search for him immediately?

SirAndrewD

Quote from: mikeck on March 18, 2018, 09:45:26 PM
Ok. So I investigated and activated "ginger in a pickle". Are you saying that I don't need to go search for him immediately?

You can go off script at that point, yeah.   It'll be hard, Henry sucks at that point, but I spent a couple of hours doing straight exploration and a few side quests when I hit Ginger in a Pickle. 

You'll better equipped to do it after you finish Ginger in a Pickle/My Friend Timmy and find the Bandit camp and take it out in Nest of Vipers, but it's totally doable to get your feet wet and look around the world.  I did so myself, but quickly realized that I was getting my butt kicked really badly and went back on the main quest till I passed through the first battle. 

A tough thing about the open world early, and why actually spending money on horses, not stealing them is a good thing, is that low level/stolen horses have no courage or loyalty to you.  So when you're in a fight and your out of your element, and try to flee, they'll throw you and you'll get hosed.  That becomes one of your limiting factors before the first battle, you're awful at fighting, and random encounters can sometimes be impossible to escape against enemies that can wreck you in two or three hits.

After the first battle you can keep going back to the bandit camp and looting it rotten.  That'll be a huge source of cash for you and give you a lot of open world stuff to do, finding merchants and getting good money, 3-4k to buy and outfit, which can lead to investment in to a good horse (I recommend Al Buraq in Neuhof).

SirAndrewD

Oh, and one of the good things about the Ginger in a Pickle/My friend Timmy line is that most of the quests from there on out are quests that require you to explore.  Each of them are kind of guiding you to the new places and giving you something to do once you get there.  I found it a really good way to start doing the open world while still following the main quest.

mikeck

Ok. I'm going to the different charcoal burner camps trying to find ginger

glen55

You've actually missed some chances to go off script already. For example, when you were supposed to meet the soldier guy to do guard duty with at a certain time of day, it doesn't have to be THAT day. You can take your time. Explore around, pick flowers for money, herbalism skill, and STRENGTH (yes, take the herbalism perk that adds strength when you pick flowers, it's a must). Come back and meet that guy when you feel like it. You should have some kind of armor and weapon already, so if you're lucky a weak bandit in regular clothes with a cudgel will jump you and you should be able to win if you have even the basics of combat down. Winning battles is very profitable.

It seems that whenever you don't have an immediate task and nobody has told you you have to hurry because X is waiting on you, your time is your own.
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

bboyer66

Well I was enjoying wooooing Teresa, and I finally banged her. The problem was that after banging her, everything involving her was over. It is a clear example where this game felt rushed and unfinished, as their is a lot of wasted potential with Teresa. Marriage, kids , etc, guess we will have to wait for an expansion.

Some missions are more time sensitive then others, as I found out while putting off finding a poison cure for a patient. Right before I found the priest to get the cure, I guess the patient died, not allowing me to finish the mission.

Highlight of the game for me so far was walking down a trail in the forest, and seeing a broken wagon in the middle of the trail. Looking over the area I noticed a guy dressed like an Elf hiding in the brush next to the wagon. When I confronted the little Elf dude, I was attacked !!!! It was a Cuman. Of course I whipped his ass and took all his equipment.

The treasure maps have been really challenging, as well as fun.

Also I am still just enjoying riding around the countryside. It's scenic, relaxing, and reminds you how much better off the earth is without so many damn people.

mikeck

So you met a chick, had sex with her and then never did anything with her again....and that's unrealistic? Not following

Sir Slash

I bet he told her, "I'll call you tomorrow".  ;D
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Ian C

Quote from: mikeck on March 20, 2018, 09:33:49 AM
So you met a chick, had sex with her and then never did anything with her again....

But when they reappear they usually look like this: