Planes!

Started by bayonetbrant, March 03, 2013, 02:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

^Meanwhile, somewhere in the Japanese Occupied Zone, Isoroku Yamamoto just woke up from a recurring bad dream...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

QuoteTwo TBF Avengers over Iwo Jima, 2 March 1945.

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

BanzaiCat

^ I don't think they'll ever get over Iwo Jima Macho Grande.

Staggerwing

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

mirth

QuoteHorten Ho 229 V2 from behind. Notice the Heinkel He 162 on the left

trailrunner

Quote from: mirth on May 19, 2018, 09:52:41 AM
QuoteHorten Ho 229 V2 from behind. Notice the Heinkel He 162 on the left

The center section of v3 is on display at Udvar Hazy.  I've seen it several times.

Staggerwing

WOW!

Also looks like some A-series Butcherbirds a bit further down.

Staggerwing

NOVA had an episode a while back about a team of radar experts testing a 'radar-true' mockup of the Ho-229 and finding that it would have been stealthy enough to sneak up on England's Chain Home and later GCI systems, leaving almost no time to detect and intercept.

mirth

QuoteF2H-3 (Banshees), FJ-3 (Furies), and F9F-9 (Cougars) of VC-3 flying over San Francisco, California, January 1955.

mirth

QuotePBY-5 on anti-submarine patrol drops a depth-charge

mirth

mirth

mirth

mirth