The Groginati BOARDGAMING Sales Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, December 18, 2012, 07:05:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

OSS has a summer sale 20% OFF code

Summer Sale Now On

We are now starting our annual Summer Sale. Now through July 8, all in-stock items on our website are 20% off when you use the coupon code:

SummerSale

Sale does not include subscriptions, pre-orders, or games already on sale.

http://www.ossgamescart.com/

bayonetbrant

Announcement from MMP

QuoteTHURSDAY, JULY 5th, STARTING AT 9AM EAST COAST TIME

We will have approximately 50 copies of Doomed Battalions, 16 copies of SASL, and 25 copies of Operation Watchtowers for sale.

Why, you ask? Because these are all ziplocked games built out of the last of our spare parts for these games.

Here are the finer points.

We will only take PHONE ORDERS for these, so that we do not oversell them. Our phone number is 410-729-3334 or 1-888-TGAMERS.

We will only sell one copy of each game to a person. We are sympathetic to you wanting to buy one for yourself and a gift for your Grandmother who always wanted Doomed Battalions, but she will have to do without.

We will not sell any of these to retailers, there is no retailer discount.

Doomed Battalions is $120. SASL is $100. Operation Watchtower is $80. Postage applies, of course, but since there are no boxes the shipping should be less.

We will be open and taking phone orders THURSDAY JULY 5th from 9AM to 2PM EDT. If we have any left after Thursday, the same rules will apply for Friday, June 6th.

If you try to order these via email, by website, by coming to the office - YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED! SO please, phone orders only. This is strictly due to the low number of these products. If you wish to add to the order with other in-stock items that is entirely up to you!

There is a slight chance we may have some boxed Paratroopers as well - more on that probably Monday...

We are just trying to be fair about this, and we believe this is the most fair way to sell them.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

Target has SmallWorld, Dominion, and others at 50% off in stores right now
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Nefaro

Frontline Gaming Mats -

Last day on sale

20% Off

https://store.frontlinegaming.org/ 

^-^

________

Grabbed myself a 6x4' "space" mat. 

Nefaro

Noble Knight has a store-wide "Moving Sale" on a bunch of stuff, supposedly going right now.

So their web store is moving slow as dirt from what I suspect to be unusually high traffic.

https://www.nobleknight.com/

bayonetbrant

so their prices are back to "realistic" instead of "ugh, Noble Knight again" ??

Silent Disapproval Robot

War of the Ring is on sale at Cool Stuff Inc for $55 today. 

OJsDad

Noble Knights has a big sale going on now;

QuoteHello Everyone,

Our HUGE moving sale is now on!  We have priced our entire inventory on sale (over 7000 manufacturers) with the only exception being a few manufacturers who we can't price any lower due to MAP policy.   Get yourself some new games and help lighten our load during our upcoming move.  As usual we have free shipping for orders over $150 in the continental US.  This is the biggest sale we have EVER done so act now as it's on for a limited time!   

In board game releases over the last week, we have both the regular edition and deluxe edition of Gearworks from Piecekeeper Games, all the new Fluxx games from Looney Labs and Woodlands from Ravensburger.  Nemesis – Burma from Legion Wargames and D-Day at Iwo Jima from Decision Games are two of the latest War game titles we have in-stock.  We have all the latest Kill Team products from Games Workshop and the anticipated Adeptus Titanicus releases this Saturday.

Contact us with any trades you have to build up your store credit or get cash for those games that you no longer play or are taking up your closet space.  We would be happy to find a new home for them.   We are here to help so let us know if you need any help!

Happy Gaming,
Dan Leeder
www.nobleknight.com

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Crossroads

Quote from: Nefaro on August 14, 2018, 11:58:13 AM
Noble Knight has a store-wide "Moving Sale" on a bunch of stuff, supposedly going right now.

So their web store is moving slow as dirt from what I suspect to be unusually high traffic.

Gustav Adolf the Great - With God and Victorius Arms second hand set there, but upon a closer look not in a VG condition they refer to. However BGG with a few sets for sale. I haven't played any of the GMT's Musket & Pike series, any comments guys?

Looks stellar, quite tempted to buy a set  :smitten:

Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Crossroads

CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

bob48

I did play some of the scenarios from 'Saints in Armour'. Its a nice system.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Crossroads

Quote from: bob48 on August 20, 2018, 12:12:23 PM
I did play some of the scenarios from 'Saints in Armour'. Its a nice system.
It's got a reputation for being a tad on the complex side of things. But I guess that does not matter when it is a fun to play system. Which this one is I reckon from your answer  :)

bob48

Oh aye, a bit of a learning curve for sure, but it does seem to capture the period very well. Plus the map and counters are very well done.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

OJsDad

Nefaro, apologies. I totally missed you Noble Knight sale post.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Crossroads

Quote from: bob48 on August 20, 2018, 12:21:13 PM
Oh aye, a bit of a learning curve for sure, but it does seem to capture the period very well. Plus the map and counters are very well done.
Thanks, I'll need to consider this. I haven't played much with the era, but this sure looks like a nice candidate to dive in straight at the deep end of the pool