Paradox's Upcoming Game - Imperator: Rome ...Excellent News!

Started by Grim.Reaper, May 19, 2018, 06:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boggit

Quote from: glen55 on May 19, 2018, 02:49:24 PM
Drool.

Sounds more like a CK/Vicky combo with maybe just a dash of EU: Rome.

Drool again.

Now let's just fast-forward to 5 years from now when it's all patched up and in its prime.
:DD

Irony is not lost on you, my friend! :2funny: >:D
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: sandman2575 on May 19, 2018, 10:04:49 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 19, 2018, 09:30:09 AM
Nah, Rome better than Victoria :)

Heretic!

In seriousness, this does look very cool and no question I'll buy it.

I'm just really impatient for Vicky 3 at this point.

Some day I will have to retry Vicky again....don't recall it holding my attention much back in the day but maybe I didn't give it enough of a try.

Nefaro

Been wanting this; top of my Pdox wishlist.  :bd:

I just hope they give it a more thorough treatment than EU Rome got.  Need more in many areas, but especially character interaction like that in CK2.

Also:

Does the following screenshot imply that there will be more command options for armies.  Those order buttons at the top of the army window, in this screenshot, seems to indicate there will be more detailed orders available than earlier games using the engine.

fabius

Yes
QuoteBattle Tactics: Choose your approach before battle to counter the stratagems of your foes.

And yes, Johan as said this is a big project. Not a small one like EU Rome 1 was or MotE

Jarhead0331

Yes. If this is CK in Rome, I'll be very, VERY excited. I enjoyed EU: Rome even though I felt it was very underwhelming. Compared to the other EU titles, it just seemed quite simple and watered down.

A fully realized grand strategy game set in ancient Rome will be a dream come true. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Boggit

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 21, 2018, 11:37:01 AM
Yes. If this is CK in Rome, I'll be very, VERY excited. I enjoyed EU: Rome even though I felt it was very underwhelming. Compared to the other EU titles, it just seemed quite simple and watered down.

A fully realized grand strategy game set in ancient Rome will be a dream come true.
I completely agree with you on both points.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Nefaro

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 21, 2018, 11:37:01 AM

:bd:

fabius

A dev posted this to calm some speculation about Pops

QuoteIndividual pops can absolutely have their own culture and religion.
You can have a city with 3 slave pops that are all of different culture/religion from each other.

jamus34

Insert witty comment here.

fabius

The more I hear the more I think it's going to be the better looking sister to EU Rome, with longer legs; bigger boobs, and special moves.

There's a thread on redit with lots of inform from a IGN guy. Can we link redit here ?

Jarhead0331

Quote from: fabius on May 22, 2018, 01:00:05 PM
The more I hear the more I think it's going to be the better looking sister to EU Rome, with longer legs; bigger boobs, and special moves.

There's a thread on redit with lots of inform from a IGN guy. Can we link redit here ?

Link away.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

fabius

https://www.reddit.com/r/Imperator/comments/8l9srd/what_the_rome_actually_means_i_got_to_see/#bottom-comments

So as IGN guy it seems he got to chat to Johan and get quite a lot out of him. Obviously Alpha so much is not 'confirmed' but it all sounds like Johan/Pdox meat and potatoes. Just mixed well in the antiquity setting.

Scroll down to see the answers to specific questions.

OJsDad

I havent't seen the start date for this. But if its at the start of the 1st Punic War and there is a converter to CKII, then you could have a game going all the way to 1812. Thats over 2000 years of game play.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

fabius

Barthheart