Paradox's Upcoming Game - Imperator: Rome ...Excellent News!

Started by Grim.Reaper, May 19, 2018, 06:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Looks like news just released about Paradox's next strategy game from the creators of Crusader Kings.....sad part, sounds like not until sometime in 2019 :(

https://www.pcgamer.com/imperator-rome-revealed-at-pdxcon-2018/

fabius

Screen shots here:
https://www.paradoxplaza.com/imperator-rome/IMIM01GSK0000001-MASTER.html

QuoteImperator: Rome's features include:

Character Management: A living world of characters with varying skills and traits that will change over time. They will lead your nation, govern your provinces and command your armies and fleets. We also introduce our new, more human-like character art.

Diverse Populations: Citizens, freemen, tribesmen and slaves - each population with its own culture and religion. Whether they fill your armies, fill your coffers or fill your colonies, keep an eye on their happiness - your success depends on their satisfaction.

Battle Tactics: Choose your approach before battle to counter the stratagems of your foes.

Military Traditions: Each culture has a unique way of waging war. Romans and Celts have different options available to them. Unlock unique bonuses, abilities and units.

Different Government Types: Manage the senate in a Republic, hold your court together in a monarchy, answer to the clans in a tribal system.

Barbarians and Rebellions: Migrating barbarians may sack or settle your best land, while disloyal governors or generals can turn against you - taking their armies with them!

Trade: Goods provide bonuses to their home province. Will you take advantage of stockpiles for local strength or trade excess goods to spread the wealth around?

Provincial Improvement: Invest in buildings, roads and defences to make your kingdom stronger and richer.

;D

bbmike

Nah, excellent news would have been Victoria 3. This is just good news.  :P
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

sandman2575

Quote from: bbmike on May 19, 2018, 07:56:03 AM
Nah, excellent news would have been Victoria 3. This is just good news.  :P

+1 concur.

Grim.Reaper

IronX

Looking forward to it!

I see they're turning a number of PC games into board games too - no doubt to be padded out with a plethora of cardboard dlcs!

sandman2575

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 19, 2018, 09:30:09 AM
Nah, Rome better than Victoria :)

Heretic!

In seriousness, this does look very cool and no question I'll buy it.

I'm just really impatient for Vicky 3 at this point.

fabius

There was lots of speculation that as Chris King is back, he's working on Vic 3 for a 2019 ish announcement.

bbmike

Quote from: fabius on May 19, 2018, 10:08:31 AM
There was lots of speculation that as Chris King is back, he's working on Vic 3 for a 2019 ish announcement.

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Kushan

I'm ok with this...but I demand that they announce Vicky 3 next Paradoxcon  :knuppel2:

That being said, I love Rome. Been wanting a Rome grand strategy game for long time (I know there is TW Rome 2, but TW is crap).
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

WallysWorld

I'm happy there will be a sequel to EU:Rome. It's a buy for me.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

fabius

Not really a sequel. New IP, and Johan said a big project. So as long as it sells well should have a long life of improvements.

Early impressions are they are taking some things to next level.

As for Vic 3, it will come and look forward to how they move that forward.

Boggit

It sounds from the description like CK2: Rome more than an EU:Rome.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

fabius

Quote from: Boggit on May 19, 2018, 12:25:55 PM
It sounds from the description like CK2: Rome more than an EU:Rome.
Best bet at the mo' is a hybrid, with likely some other features neither have.

glen55

Drool.

Sounds more like a CK/Vicky combo with maybe just a dash of EU: Rome.

Drool again.

Now let's just fast-forward to 5 years from now when it's all patched up and in its prime.
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower