Sherlock Holmes 3

Started by mirth, May 08, 2018, 12:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

I liked #1.  #2 seemed to just try to be louder and more 'action sequences' that were too much

It was like going from Pirates 1 to 3.  I'm hoping SH3 is closer to Pirates 4 than 3
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bbmike

It's as much Sherlock Holmes as Jar Jar Trek is Star Trek.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Sir Slash

Sherlock Stark. Could work.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

jamus34

I'm kinda surprised that RDJ is adamant to get out of the Marvel metaverse to...star in another blockbuster type sequel.

I figure he'd want to do some art house stuff since he has more money than most 3rd world countries at this point.
Insert witty comment here.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: bbmike on May 08, 2018, 12:26:49 PM
It's as much Sherlock Holmes as Jar Jar Trek is Star Trek.

I'm not necessarily saying its true-to-character.  The BBC update series is way better for that.

I did enjoy the first movie for what it was, though.  Change the names from Watson/Holmes to Shawcross/Colback and you'd have a fun Steampunkish romp of a movie

Plus, any opportunity to watch Mark Strong chewing scenery is a good time
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

I don't want Guy Ritchie screwing up Shawcross/Colback  :knuppel2:
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on May 08, 2018, 01:17:40 PM
The BBC update series is way better for that.

With Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman? I couldn't get into that show.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on May 08, 2018, 01:30:58 PM

do you have a clue who Shawcross & Colback are?

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on May 08, 2018, 02:20:15 PM
Quote from: mirth on May 08, 2018, 01:30:58 PM

do you have a clue who Shawcross & Colback are?

Do you think I really care?

trailrunner

Quote from: bayonetbrant on May 08, 2018, 12:16:06 PM
I liked #1.  #2 seemed to just try to be louder and more 'action sequences' that were too much

I agree.  Season 2 tried too hard but just turned out weird.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: trailrunner on May 08, 2018, 07:58:13 PM

I was talking about the movies, not the TV show.

mirth

So Robert Downey Jr will battle Benedict Cumberbatch for the title of 'Iron Dr. Stange Holmes'?

trailrunner

Quote from: bayonetbrant on May 08, 2018, 08:00:01 PM
Quote from: trailrunner on May 08, 2018, 07:58:13 PM

I was talking about the movies, not the TV show.

Ahh.  Sorry.