Van Hits Crowd in Toronto

Started by Labbug, April 23, 2018, 03:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

I'd say they should watch Shoe's video on the subject but it'd probably just make them more acrimonious.

SirAndrewD

^ It does.  The violent response they have to people trying to approach them reasonably is what is making the "movement" kind of frightening. 

I made the mistake of reading a blog by one of their more vocal mouthpieces, it was truly horrifying.  It had "Incel movie of the week" reviews, portraying movies like "One Hour Photo" and "Falling Down" as primers on what Incels should be doing. 

As was said, this is an expression of mental illness.  These people need professional help, and they've created a cycle where if they're told that by someone, they become even more violent in response. 

I don't think this is the last event we'll see tied to this group.  This kind of violence used to manifest in serial killings.  Now with the internet, press and social media pulling people closer, it seems that it's going to manifest in more public and brutal showpieces like Toronto and Isla Vista.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Silent Disapproval Robot

Sounds like MGTOW but more violent.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on April 24, 2018, 05:38:42 PM
Sounds like MGTOW but more violent.

Yeah, the Incels aren't fond of MGTOW.  But what's being seen are a lot of people espousing MGTOW beliefs gravitating towards Incel as a kind of misogyny radicalization.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Sir Slash

I'm sure he won't have any problems finding love in prison.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

SirAndrewD

^Trudeau will probably greet him at the gate with cookies and an apology card.

Staggerwing

The wonder of the Interwebz- turning formerly isolated sociopaths into evil self-promoting subculture groups.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

SirAndrewD

One of the things that gave me pause when I looked into them last school term was how suicidal they were. 

They're not so much about just doing something and getting away with it.  Not so much the serial killer pathos. 

More the "I'm going out to show these women what they did to me, and I'm taking as many people with me as possible".

Looks like that was this guys motive.  He tried to get the officer to put him down and it didn't happen. 

I'm glad the age group I work with isn't as prone to this stuff.  I only learned about it because I heard them discuss it, but I know how much these germs of ideas can grow, especially among disaffected youth.  When I taught High School I lost a kid to the Nazis who looked at me like a mentor.  I'd hate to one day see someone I had pass through my classes go this way one day.   I'm surely taking any mention of this even more seriously from now on. 

OJsDad

I'm not joking when I say this, but almost sounds like a case for legalizing prostitution.  Though I'm guessing these guys wouldn't view that as an alternative. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: OJsDad on April 24, 2018, 07:33:33 PM
I'm not joking when I say this, but almost sounds like a case for legalizing prostitution.  Though I'm guessing these guys wouldn't view that as an alternative.

They don't. 

OJsDad

Im guessing they're looking more for long term relationships and not just quickies.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: OJsDad on April 24, 2018, 08:43:58 PM
Im guessing they're looking more for long term relationships and not just quickies.

Disturbingly, it's worse than that.  A lot of them are convinced that sex is a human right, not a privilege.   They feel they're owed sexual attention and activity because they're the "good guys" and shouldn't have to pay for it.   My wife said it best when I told her about this stuff...they don't want pity or paid sex, they want women to become sex vendors that give out sex when they put "niceness" tokens in.

CptHowdy

Quote from: SirAndrewD on April 24, 2018, 08:48:24 PM
Quote from: OJsDad on April 24, 2018, 08:43:58 PM

Disturbingly, it's worse than that.  A lot of them are convinced that sex is a human right, not a privilege.   They feel they're owed sexual attention and activity because they're the "good guys" and shouldn't have to pay for it.   My wife said it best when I told her about this stuff...they don't want pity or paid sex, they want women to become sex vendors that give out sex when they put "niceness" tokens in.

so thats not a slot for tokens? no wonder i keep getting slapped  :tickedoff:

MikeGER

Quote from: SirAndrewD on April 24, 2018, 02:39:23 PM
Quote from: Gusington on April 24, 2018, 02:28:13 PM
Never heard of Incel.

You're lucky. 

Involuntary Celibate.  They believe that women are only interested in Alpha males that they call "Chads" that treat them like dirt but get sex and relationships anyway. 

um those Incels got a point  ;)
but wouldn't it be the natural reaction for an Incel to turn into a "Chad" themself or learn how to role play a "Chad" a little?

so getting out of the comic bookstore and the savespaces, picking up a manly outdoor sport or activities, shaping up the body while doing it, and maybe also seek some good advice by a mean well female acquaintance (from the target group material, not the 'female geeks') how to dress and haircut more sharp less geek and emo.

actually female biological-choosing of mates its even more complicated.
beside smelling to sort out mates with the same genetic setting (nature want max genetic difference of the immune systems in the mix)   
according to some human biological science papers because the hormone stimulated preference of women as a mammal (so in a tribal/archaic setting/10 000BC ) also changes over the month.
it was found out that when they are not fertile female prefer the caretaking nice circumspectly (can be old) mate, who is easy to handle and who will sustain her in dangerous time of pregnancy and until the offspring is able to reproduce, but in the fertile days they prefer the strongest healthiest=young, risk taking, aggressive (= 'asshole') to get those genes from.
nature developed it that way because, from the pure evolutional biological point of view the female want the best genes to mix for the survival for her genes in the mix but also need a male (that can be also an older clan patriarch) who helps her getting her genes to survive until they can reproduce

if women are on the pill, that 'preference' is disturbed depending on the hormone level.

Gusington

Wow I had truly never heard of this phenomenon before.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd