Wings of Glory: WWI

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, April 19, 2018, 06:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

As you may know, I've been collecting minis for the WWII version of Wings of Glory for some time and I've amassed a fair number. I don't get the game on the table nearly as much as I'd like as it's better in a group and it's hard to arrange time and people.  I still manage to get it out a few times a year though and it's always fun.  Due to the cost, I decided to forego the WWI stuff and just concentrate on WWII.  Well, that plan kinda fell apart last week...I used to collect and play X-Wing minis as well but stopped about a year and a half ago as I just wasn't having fun with it anymore.  I felt the rules added with all the expansions and updates crushed the life out of the game and so I decided to get rid of my collection.  I had been trying to unload it all at once but wasn't having any luck as it's quite large and people were understandably put off by the price.  I recently decided to break it up and try to sell it off piecemeal.  Someone local offered to trade me his copy of Wings of Glory WW1: Duel Pack - Fokker Dr.I vs Sopwith Camel and a Nieuport 28 in exchange for a few X-Wing minis.

I got these 3 planes.

The duel pack comes with a mini sized version of the rules as well as all the counters and cards you need to play the standard version of the game.  Unfortunately, it doesn't include the counters and cards you need for the advanced rules.  I knew that one of the FLGS's had a copy of the Rules and Accessories box on their shelf so I headed down to pick it up.  They also had another Duel Pack with an Albatross D.Va and a SPAD VII as well as an Albatross DIII.  I loved the paint scheme on the D.Va so I picked those up as well.

Albatrosses  (Albatrii?)

SPAD and Neiuport 28

Well, I thought that a single SPAD and a Neiuport vs a Dr.I and two Albatrosses wasn't really a fair match so I.....uhhh....ordered a few more minis.....and a mat.  Sure, I already have six mats for WWII but none of those mats had trenches on them, did they?  The first batch of stuff arrived this morning.  I have another 8 planes on the way and they should be here Monday or Tuesday next week.

I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM!  YOU HAVE A PROBLEM!!  SHUT UP!!!!!

Trench mat

Gotha G.V bomber

Aviatik D.I

Siemens-Shuckert D.III

Fokker DVIII (called an E.V in WoG)

SPAD SVII (wing was broken on this one but a little glue fixed it.)

Nieuport Ni 28 (Rickenbacker's livery)

Another Nieuport 28

Blurry Sopwith Triplane

Even blurrier R.E.8 and Bristol F2.B (my phone doesn't like British planes for some reason)

Barthheart

One of us! One of us!
:D

Man I love the look of that trench map!  :o Where you'd get it from and how much? Now that I have Nef's city map I need at least one more... maybe 2.... maybe more....  :P

I have 10 WWI planes and a game buddy has another 5  so we gots lots 'o planes... but none of them big assed bombers.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I was going to get one of the BIG bombers but the store wanted $81 for the Zeppelins and $74 for the Handley-Pages so I compromised and got the Gotha instead.

I got the mat from Imperial Hobbies in Richmond, BC.  $39.

You can get the mats from Meeplemart for $33.95 ea but they're out of the trench mat right now.  It's called No Man's Land.

http://www.meeplemart.com/store/Search.aspx?SearchTerms=wings%20of%20glory%20mat

Barthheart

Silent Disapproval Robot

You might also want to check out Hitgames.ca.  They have a great selection but their customer service is poor and their delivery times are sloowww.  I've ordered through them a few times when I couldn't find something anywhere else.  Takes them a week or more to ship and they won't reply to emails but I've always received my order.

Barthheart

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on April 19, 2018, 06:38:37 PM
You might also want to check out Hitgames.ca.  They have a great selection but their customer service is poor and their delivery times are sloowww.  I've ordered through them a few times when I couldn't find something anywhere else.  Takes them a week or more to ship and they won't reply to emails but I've always received my order.

Out of stock there too....  :(

Bison

I still don't u derstand why they chose the map dimensions that they did.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I like them.  They fit nicely on most tables where a 3x3 won't fit.

BanzaiCat

Pretty cool minis.

I unloaded most of my unboxed X-Wing minis but I still have a Feldherr case loaded down with them. Had a local game store offer to possibly give me credit but then he didn't respond to a follow-up so I'm still sitting here with them, too.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

Don't moisten the miniatures!

Silent Disapproval Robot

The Wings of Glory Aerodrome webpage has the No Man's Land game mat available for $25 USD.

http://www.aerodromeaccessories.com/index.php/official-products-9/wings-of-glory.html

ArizonaTank

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

I hope those minis are rust proof.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd