Toys 'R' US Heading for Closure

Started by mirth, March 09, 2018, 09:22:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

OJsDad

Saw that the other day.  Very sad. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Gusington

A lot of things I love now I first saw in a Toys R Us store 😒

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bayonetbrant

Wow

While that's a little crazy, think of the other retail icons that have died or are dying largely because they have failed to adapt to a digital age that values price and speed above everything else. If you can't compete on price and speed, you had better be delivering excellent service that justifies the additional cost. I don't think they were ever able to successfully pick one or the other
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Jarhead0331

Knew this was coming.

Some of my fondest childhood memories are of Toys 'R Us. I used to literally knock people down when rushing through the front door to see if the newest GI Joe figure was in stock.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

^That was me...you haven't changed.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Gus was there for the latest My Little Pony.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Gusington

Which JH punched me in my 8 year old balls for.

I loved GI Joe in the 80s!!! Had a great collection that Mom eventually threw away :/

That and Lego. I can never forgive her.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on March 09, 2018, 10:04:48 AM
Which JH punched me in my 8 year old balls for.

I loved GI Joe in the 80s!!! Had a great collection that Mom eventually threw away :/

That and Lego. I can never forgive her.

Yup. Mom sold all my GI Joes at a garage sale...not to mention all of my Garbage Pail kids.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

OJsDad

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 09, 2018, 09:58:33 AM
Some of my fondest childhood memories are of Toys 'R Us. I used to literally knock people down when rushing through the front door to see if the newest GI Joe figure was in stock.

Wasn't that just last week.  Oh, wait, your now in search of Barbie. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

DoctorQuest

I will admit I don't know all the details but I took it as a bad sign when they handed out executive bonuses as they entered bankruptcy. I mean really WTF????
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

trailrunner

I think I used to be able to find AH games in Toys R Us.  Not sure about the wargames, but probably other games like Outdoor Survival.

mirth

Kay Bee Toys stocked a few AH games back in the late 80s/early 90s.

Gusington

Kay Bee was another favorite of mine.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd