Decades Bracket - The 70s Sweet 16

Started by MetalDog, March 07, 2018, 09:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Welcome to the 70s Bracket!  You did a great job filling it with music.   O0  Now you have to pay the price of your good taste and decide.  In this Bracket, moreso than just about any other I have put together, the seeds for this Sweet 16 are just numbers.  The matchups are what counts.  I do feel like the numbers I assigned are fairly representative, but, I really just wanted to make it as difficult for you as possible ;)  Hope you find it so. :)

The 1/16

The 8/9

The 5/12

The 4/13

The 6/11

The 3/14

The 7/10

The 2/15

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Pete Dero

1 vs 16  >:(  :'(

Kill your darlings ...

Barthheart

Steelgrave

2/15! It's a good think you can't change your vote, otherwise I would be going back and forth here  :buck2:

bubblehead1971

Yo Brother! I like the Immigrant Song as a 12 seed. The classic upset spot. Love it!

MetalDog

Yah, not to be unfortunately.  One thing I have learned doing these is that there's a bit of pushback against certain bands.  Some is just down right hate.  I mean, Stairway isn't the Number 1 seed for The 70s for no reason.  ;)  But I have become slightly philosophical about the whole thing over time.  I'm really just glad folks have followed along through the whole process.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob