Debunking UFO Footage

Started by Nefaro, March 04, 2018, 06:09:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

This needed to be done back when the news media was making a fuss over it a short time back.   A little knowledge, and some skepticism, goes a long way  ;)

Bonus points for congressional kickbacks related to the subject.   <:-)

Gusington

^That was frickin' awesome. I've subscribed :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

His girlfriend, btw, is  the red-pill commentator "Sh0eonhead". I watch their movie reviews sometimes.

I don't think he understands the point to a "threat assessment" study, however. The salient points.

1.) Things are happening.

2.) When we check to see if we're causing the things, then regardless of how far up the chain of top-secret "we" are, we apparently find out our nation isn't causing them.

So: what are these things (on a case by case basis)? How are they being caused? Are they a threat of some kind? Somewhat by definition, if evidence suggests they are craft in our airspace without our permission, they're a threat of some kind; but unregistered and unexplained air phenomena are still inherently, if passively, a potential threat. If there's something invisible to cameras and radar (something not a passenger jet therefore) throwing out a heat bloom as it moves through the sky, that could be pretty hazardous for someone to unwittingly fly through.

Now, how someone exploits a threat assessment study is something else worth studying (thus a legitimate topic for part 2). But Greg doesn't seem to understand HOW INCREDIBLY DANGEROUS FLIGHT IS! -- and thus why unaccounted phenomena would be treated as a hazard, at least until we identify it.

That said, I appreciate his open mind on the topic as well as his scepticism of political maneuvering behind release and promotion of this material through (apparently) official channels recently.  O0
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

bbmike

Quote from: Nefaro on March 04, 2018, 06:09:57 PM
This needed to be done back when the news media was making a fuss over it a short time back.   A little knowledge, and some skepticism, goes a long way  ;)

Bonus points for congressional kickbacks related to the subject.   <:-)

Meh. These skeptical videos are just as entertaining and "informative" as the paranormal ones. He could have saved a bunch of time and just showed us the Neil response.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Gusington

I want the Armored Skeptic to cover ghosts.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

^And political moderates!  :bd:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Nefaro

Quote from: bbmike on March 05, 2018, 03:20:14 PM

Meh. These skeptical videos are just as entertaining and "informative" as the paranormal ones. He could have saved a bunch of time and just showed us the Neil response.

Naaa.

I think the widespread ignorance regarding the IRST targeting pod, which recorded the footage, needed to be addressed.  It was the cause for much of the unfounded suppositions.

There's even more that could be pointed out about it, but his explanation was sufficient and needed to be said.

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 05, 2018, 02:52:12 PM
His girlfriend, btw, is  the red-pill commentator "Sh0eonhead". I watch their movie reviews sometimes.

Shoe has does some pretty funny stuff, blasting some of the rabid feminist articles and vids.   :2funny:

bbmike

Quote from: Nefaro on March 06, 2018, 06:35:01 AM

Naaa.

I think the widespread ignorance regarding the IRST targeting pod, which recorded the footage, needed to be addressed.  It was the cause for much of the unfounded suppositions.

There's even more that could be pointed out about it, but his explanation was sufficient and needed to be said.

-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Centurion40

Good video review of the original news story.

Now here's the Elizondo dude talking:

Any time is a good time for pie.

Nefaro

Quote from: bbmike on March 06, 2018, 06:44:12 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on March 06, 2018, 06:35:01 AM

Naaa.

Shh!  Don't blow my cover!

bbmike

-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak