Beyond Battlewagon

Started by bbmike, February 02, 2018, 03:53:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

A while back Battlewagon 2nd Edition was made available as a PDF and I bought it. I was wondering if this game ever evolved into newer versions or if there were any other games like it. In particular, I would like something like Star Fleet Battles but with WWII ships. Hex, counters, and SSDs- no minis need apply.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

DennisS

Quote from: bbmike on February 02, 2018, 03:53:07 PM
A while back Battlewagon 2nd Edition was made available as a PDF and I bought it. I was wondering if this game ever evolved into newer versions or if there were any other games like it. In particular, I would like something like Star Fleet Battles but with WWII ships. Hex, counters, and SSDs- no minis need apply.

I busted out Tokyo Express the other day, and am just about through refreshing myself on the rules. GREAT game, very atmospheric. Not sure what to do about the Japanese winning about 80% of scenarios. Their long lance torpedoes, and better night time spotting are a BITCH.