Decades Feeder Bracket - 1969 Round of 16

Started by MetalDog, December 17, 2017, 05:29:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

1969 just has some great songs.  Artists at the height of their powers.  The Beatles, The Stones, The Who, The Kinks, Cream, CCR.  Holy CRAP there's a lot of good stuff here!  One note, although I'm sure it's obvious, I substituted Aerosmith for The Beatles.  It's almost as revered as the original anyways.  I hope some of these are difficult as hell for you ;)  And thanks for voting.  You guys make it possible.  O0  :bd:  \m/

The 1/16

The 8/9

The 5/12

The 4/13

The 6/11

The 3/14

The 7/10

The 2/15

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Tuna

MetalDog

Emeraldlis

I was expecting pinball wizard to make the line up at some point.... And, look... There it is, lol  :) nice one MD  O0
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

bayonetbrant

people forget what a chart-topping hit-machine Three Dog Night were...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Emeraldlis

Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 18, 2017, 02:12:29 PM
people forget what a chart-topping hit-machine Three Dog Night were...

You can only forget what you know in the first place  ;D I've never even heard of three dog night! But it sounds like you liked them :) or is it just that you know of them, but don't like their music?
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

bob48

This is maybe the track they are best known for;

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

trailrunner

Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 18, 2017, 05:07:36 PM

oh no.  not on this side of the pond

[yt]https://youtu.be/as8K3H7Rros[/yt]

Oh yeah:

Jeremiah was a bullfrog
And a good friend of mine
But I helped him a-drink his wine
And he always had some mighty fine wine

Now I'll have that stupid song stuck in my head for the next month.  Argggh - need to inject some Christmas music stat!

Steelgrave

Quote from: Tuna on December 17, 2017, 09:02:45 PM
Wow what a line up!

What he said. And although I sometimes disagree with your seedings, Dawg, "Gimmie Shelter" is one of my all-time, all-decades favorite hits. Great number one!

MetalDog

Thanks, Steelie!  As I said to Martok in some thread around here recently, my appreciation for the Stones has gone up as I have gotten older.  'Gimme Shelter,' is just a great, great, song.

And I happen to think the Three Dog Night song that is most famous is...

BanzaiCat

Of course, all y'all forget about Don "No Soul" Simmons and his terrific covers.

He does a great cover of One at 1:22.

Emeraldlis

I guess y'all know a lot more about three dog night than me ;)

bayonetbrant

Emeraldlis

Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 20, 2017, 03:11:35 PM
Quote from: Emeraldlis on December 20, 2017, 12:34:10 PM
I guess y'all know a lot more about three dog night than me ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Dog_Night_discography#Singles

10 top-10 US singles
21 top-40 US singles

I recognize ,try a little tenderness ...and ,mama told me not to come , from that list .  I'm thinking of Otis Redding  though and the stereophonics . I wouldn't have known they were covers by both artists .

That was a cool list though  O0 I'll have to check more of their stuff out ...thanks for the pointer !