Main Menu

Here's to FRIDAY

Started by Martok, December 15, 2017, 03:17:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

I don't like you. My wallet doesn't like you either. You better watch yourself.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Slick Wilhelm

Player Unknown's Battleground. Just picked it up last night. What a riot!   <:-)

Rayfer

Quote from: Slick Wilhelm on December 15, 2017, 04:14:21 PM
Player Unknown's Battleground. Just picked it up last night. What a riot!   <:-)

Is this the online shooter without teams....a free for all, last person alive wins?

jamus34

Well, since I got my ps4 up and running I will be pulling some Madden with my buddy and continue my Persona 5 game. Also waiting for Horizon: zero dawn to finish downloading.

Pc wise whatever may float my boat. Maybe some War in the West, Nier Automata, Heroes of the storm, or whatever else tickles my fancy.
Insert witty comment here.

Destraex

Quote from: Rayfer on December 15, 2017, 04:35:36 PM

Is this the online shooter without teams....a free for all, last person alive wins?

Yep. I have been invited to this a few times by friends. It's about being dropped into an area running man style and then having to fight to the last man in an ever shrinking circle.
Would have loved it in my 20s. But I just prefer war themed shooters now. I have played quake before you see. Which this pretty much is to me with a few small modern features.
Kinda reminds me of a zombie survival game really.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

MetalDog

Quote from: Martok on December 15, 2017, 03:04:55 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on December 15, 2017, 08:41:14 AM
This morning, it will be the first showing of Star Wars: The Last Jedi.  Upon my return, it will not be anything appropriately space themed.  No, it will be the exact opposite, Medieval 2:TW as Venice.  I am beset by enemies and my allies are worthless.  Oh, and the Mongols just showed up in the Holy Land, which I have spent an inordinate amount of time and treasure building up.  Now I guess the invaders will have a nice home.
That sucks.  No chance of fighting them off?

The only position I don't hold Number 1 in is Finance, so, the prospects of keeping what I had in Europe are high.  Even with war from the Byzantines, Milanese, Sicilians, and Egyptians, I should come out on top.  But I saw the initial troops the Khan brought with him.  They are plentiful and experienced. 

They are outside a Turkish city at the very eastern edge of the map.  I've made diplomatic contact with them and offered up my Map Information.  If I can get them to take Turkey from the east, leaving me relatively undisturbed in Jerusalem, I may be able to finish Byzantium from the west.  Even if they take the Holy Land from me, I should be able to make comparable territorial grabs in Italy.  Milan is going down!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Cyrano

PUB is a great game limited for me only because my son's PC doesn't run it as well as I'd like.

Hoping they get to a bit of optimization at some point.

The ONLY time it drives me nuts is on the C-130 or what have you when you can suddenly hear the 100-odd dingbats you're on the plane with all at once.

One of them, for reasons known only to He That Fashioned the Internet, will almost always begin cursing a blue streak or using racial slurs...loudly and rapidly.

I fancy it is these that I kill as I hunt through the island.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

undercovergeek

Quote from: Cyrano on December 15, 2017, 07:05:55 PM
PUB is a great game limited for me only because my son's PC doesn't run it as well as I'd like.

Hoping they get to a bit of optimization at some point.

The ONLY time it drives me nuts is on the C-130 or what have you when you can suddenly hear the 100-odd dingbats you're on the plane with all at once.

One of them, for reasons known only to He That Fashioned the Internet, will almost always begin cursing a blue streak or using racial slurs...loudly and rapidly.

I fancy it is these that I kill as I hunt through the island.

If it helps I once worked with a very respectable guy who had 2 sons of above average education aged 13 and 15 at the time. I drove to his house to drop something off and was invited in for a coffee, in the middle of a conversation he held his hand up with a troubled look on his face, I hadn't heard a thing. He opened the door at the bottom of the stairs and neither of us could help but hear what you've described above spouting from his kids mouths - he apologised and asked me to leave. When I saw him the next day he apologised again and I asked what had happened - he asked them both to come downstairs after I'd gone and bring their PS4 with them, he gave them both a hammer and made them smash it to pieces

airboy

I'm playing Underrail - the best RPG capturing the Fallout 2 game experience I've ever played.  It has been great (now that I've figured out a work-around on the screen display bug).

I'm going to try to finish up Azathoth vs. the World AAR.

Dammit Carl!

Yeah. This is probably next on the list for me.

CJReich46

I have this weekend off.

So besides watching Happy! on Syfy. (Best therapy after working in retail!)  :DD

I have been just playing Stellaris with Alpha Mod but I am trying to find something that gives me more of a Foundation Trilogy vibe. I am not sure how to do it. I watched a You Tuber named Sapper Squid (he does some pretty good LPs on Aurora) and he did his Stellaris galaxy based on Star Frontiers from TSR (I still remember that).

I might play Pike and Shot, not entirely sure.

But I am going to enjoy my weekend. I so need it after this week.

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

nelmsm

Think I'll try CMANO or War in the West this weekend and if time is there maybe some EUIV.

JasonPratt

Quote from: undercovergeek on December 15, 2017, 07:21:00 PMhe asked them both to come downstairs after I'd gone and bring their PS4 with them, he gave them both a hammer and made them smash it to pieces

And that gave them something to really cuss about! -- classic.  O0
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Cyrano

@UCG:  Yes.  Like that.  Always.
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Martok

Quote from: spelk on December 15, 2017, 03:07:32 PM
I'll leave this here...

We solve it.

Ha, great! 

Quote from: MetalDog on December 15, 2017, 07:05:01 PM
Quote from: Martok on December 15, 2017, 03:04:55 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on December 15, 2017, 08:41:14 AM
This morning, it will be the first showing of Star Wars: The Last Jedi.  Upon my return, it will not be anything appropriately space themed.  No, it will be the exact opposite, Medieval 2:TW as Venice.  I am beset by enemies and my allies are worthless.  Oh, and the Mongols just showed up in the Holy Land, which I have spent an inordinate amount of time and treasure building up.  Now I guess the invaders will have a nice home.
That sucks.  No chance of fighting them off?

The only position I don't hold Number 1 in is Finance, so, the prospects of keeping what I had in Europe are high.  Even with war from the Byzantines, Milanese, Sicilians, and Egyptians, I should come out on top.  But I saw the initial troops the Khan brought with him.  They are plentiful and experienced. 

They are outside a Turkish city at the very eastern edge of the map.  I've made diplomatic contact with them and offered up my Map Information.  If I can get them to take Turkey from the east, leaving me relatively undisturbed in Jerusalem, I may be able to finish Byzantium from the west.  Even if they take the Holy Land from me, I should be able to make comparable territorial grabs in Italy.  Milan is going down!
Nice.  Good luck, sir! 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces