Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition

Started by Martok, December 12, 2017, 01:01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 15, 2017, 05:36:23 AM
according to their site, the deluxe edition is $39..they have standard edition for $19.  believe deluxe contains all dlc and soundtrack so it depends what you want unless i am misreading.

standard
https://www.beamdog.com/products/neverwinter-nights-enhanced-edition

deluxe
https://www.beamdog.com/products/neverwinter-nights-digital-deluxe
Thanks for the links, Grim.Reaper.  Sounds like the Standard version would probably still be worth getting (at least for me), or the Deluxe version if/when it comes down in price at some point. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

mirth

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 15, 2017, 05:36:23 AM
according to their site, the deluxe edition is $39..they have standard edition for $19.  believe deluxe contains all dlc and soundtrack so it depends what you want unless i am misreading.

standard
https://www.beamdog.com/products/neverwinter-nights-enhanced-edition

deluxe
https://www.beamdog.com/products/neverwinter-nights-digital-deluxe

Crap. Now I want it.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

ghostryder

I think the backwards compatability is a main feature. The amount of mods available...really well made mods at that that rival the original included adventures make this one I'll pick up as I really enjoyed some of them.

Greybriar

I spent many hours playing Neverwinter Nights with friends after it was released in 2002. NWN had quite a following and a very active  Bioware forum. I don't know how well Neverwinter Nights has aged over the years.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition ($19.99) includes the following game content:

All the content of Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition!

The original Neverwinter Nights campaign: Find yourself at the center of intrigue, betrayal, and dark magic in Neverwinter Nights. Journey through dangerous cities, monster filled dungeons and deep into uncharted wilderness in search of the cure for a cursed plague ravaging the city of Neverwinter.

Two expansion packs:

Shadows of Undrentide: Another adventure begins in Shadows of Undrentide! Charged by your master to recover four ancient artifacts, travel from the Silver Marches to unravel mysteries of a long-dead magical civilization.
    Hordes of the Underdark: Continue the adventure started in Shadows of Undrentide and journey into the ever-more bizarre and hostile depths of Undermountain to challenge a gathering evil.

Three premium modules: Discover over 40 hours of new stories, then go on to sample the hundreds of modules created by community members just like you.

Kingmaker
    ShadowGuard
    Witch’s Wake

The Aurora Toolset: Build your own world full of unique monsters, items, traps, encounters, and settings, then share your creation with the rest of the Neverwinter Nights community. (Windows only)

Dungeon Master Client: Become the storyteller! Control monsters, creatures, and characters your players will meet over the course of an adventure.

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Digital Deluxe ($39.99) includes the following game content:

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - The entire Neverwinter Nights adventure, the Shadows of Undrentide & Hordes of the Underdark expansions, three premium modules (Kingmaker, ShadowGuard, and Witch’s Wake), the Dungeon Master Client, and the Aurora Toolset.

Neverwinter Nights: Pirates of the Sword Coast - A swashbuckling Dungeons & Dragons journey on the high seas. Experience multiple endings, cunning henchmen, and a rollicking tale of woe!

Neverwinter Nights: Wyvern Crown of Cormyr - Explore the kingdom on horseback, compete in jousting tournaments, and become a knight of Cormyr!

Neverwinter Nights: Infinite Dungeons - Enter a procedurally generated multi-level dungeon tailored to your gameplay style for characters of levels 1 to 40. Maps, encounters, and treasure change with each play, providing a unique dungeon crawling experience every adventure!

Neverwinter Nights: Heroes of Neverwinter - Customize your Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition experience with this collection of ten new character portraits.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know whether I will buy either of the above or not. It has been 15 years since Neverwinter Nights was first released and the NWN forums no longer exist.

But I did learn from Beamdog's Wikipedia page that "Beamdog is a Canadian video game developer, publisher, and distributor founded by BioWare co-founder Trent Oster and BioWare lead programmer Cameron Tofer...."
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

bbmike

^Well, looking at that I would have to pick Digital Deluxe.  :D
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Greybriar

I dug a little deeper and found that Beamdog has games on both Steam and GOG (and probably other vendors as well). So if price is a factor, you might want to wait and pick it up after this new iteration of NWN has been out for a while.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Bison

Gusington

Maybe I will go the path of Greybriar and get the deluxe version in 6 months when the price drops.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

I was all like standard edition FTW! until you went and mentioned jousting tournaments.   :-\
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

ghostryder

Well you have to get the digital deluxe to get the dungeon generator as well---that one is probably something I'd use quite often depending on the set up options.

I don't expect the graphics to be much improved aside from portraits and GUI as the rest of the game they just use post processing effects and haven't really touched the textures. I find most of those more annoying than anything. Motion Blur, Bloom....that kind of stuff i usually turn off.