Disney buys Fox assets (including rights to Marvel and DC properties)

Started by JasonPratt, December 11, 2017, 02:21:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Quote from: Sir Slash on December 14, 2017, 01:52:37 PM
I can see Mickey in the next Avengers and Donald Duck as the new Batman. And, that's just Goofy to me.

Square Enix contracts to produce the console game.

Also one direct sequel, and then X-number of loose remakes and incremental updates of both games and combinations of them and intraquels, while teasing fans about finally providing the third game.

:buck2:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Quote from: mirth on December 14, 2017, 01:14:22 PM
I want them to reissue the actual theatrical cuts of the original trilogy on blu-ray. Lucas hacked the shit out of those movies and it's almost impossible to get a theatrical cut at this point. What's available is of decidedly mixed quality.

I should think the original masters still exist somewhere along with editing notes, for cobbling together a new workprint. Disney assigns fourteen hundred minions to locate and recreate the theatrical cut. Cost including labor, $30K.   ::) :P

(To be honest I wouldn't buy it. But I understand the importance of its value for historical archive purposes.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

mirth

I'd buy blu-rays of the original trilogy theatrical cuts. Be nice to have (if they were properly remastered).
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

Hmm, maybe they will bring back:

I also think this means they have the rights to The Time Tunnel now.  :smitten: Fox did a remuddled version of it in 2006.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bbmike

You didn't like (the first three seasons of) Sliders?  :timeout:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

bbmike

-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

bbmike

-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

JasonPratt

JasonPratt

Compromise: the action is set on the Cygnus. The nearby black holes is stated to open into alternate universes, so that's how the plot junks together.