Sunday morning bike ride

Started by JudgeDredd, December 03, 2017, 05:22:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

So I dragged my 290lbs carcass out on a 16 mile bike ride this morning. No wind. No rain. Nice and crisp.

Heart was working

And speed
Alba gu' brath

Pete Dero

Is speed measured in miles or km ?

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Pete Dero on December 03, 2017, 05:27:16 AM
Is speed measured in miles or km ?
Miles per hour - average was 15.8mph
Alba gu' brath

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

trailrunner

Nice to hear about a fellow cyclist here.  Do you use Strava, RideWithGPS, or something similar to track your rides and routes?

On Sundays, I often ride in the Virginia countryside.  Last Sunday I rode out of Warrenton VA with one of my wife's friends (my wife is not a cyclist).  Since we're in the middle of Fall and a lot of the leaves have fallen, I could catch a glimpse of this place:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melrose_(Casanova,_Virginia)

The story isn't terribly interesting, but it is odd to see a castle in the middle of Virginia horse and hunt country.

JudgeDredd

Well your weather looked much better than what I had today. I mean - no wind and no rain is ace - and often about the best you can hope for - especially at this time of year - but a bit of sun and a few degrees warmer would've been nice.

Also - because the roads were filthy and wet, I had to wash the bike when I got back and oil the chain.
Alba gu' brath

trailrunner

Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 03, 2017, 08:34:48 AM
Well your weather looked much better than what I had today. I mean - no wind and no rain is ace - and often about the best you can hope for - especially at this time of year - but a bit of sun and a few degrees warmer would've been nice.

Also - because the roads were filthy and wet, I had to wash the bike when I got back and oil the chain.

I didn't take that picture -- that's from Wikipedia.  My ride was cool at the start (about 40F) but dry.  The trees were pretty bare.  This time of year it's not nearly as green as in that photo.

Pete Dero

According to our weather institute last November gave us 24 days with rain ...

JudgeDredd

Quote from: trailrunner on December 03, 2017, 08:39:50 AM

I didn't take that picture -- that's from Wikipedia.  My ride was cool at the start (about 40F) but dry.  The trees were pretty bare.  This time of year it's not nearly as green as in that photo.
Ah....ok.

Winter morning rides can be very pleasant  O0
Alba gu' brath