Decades Feeder Bracket - 1996 Round of 16

Started by MetalDog, October 15, 2017, 02:23:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuna

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 16, 2017, 01:40:16 PM
Quote from: jamus34 on October 16, 2017, 01:27:14 PM
A drunk, double amputee Clapton is still better than the Galleger brothers on their best day. Which ironically was this song.

he's a better musician.  but give a great musician a shitty song, and you get "Change the World" or "I Just Called to Say I Love You" or anything from the "Invisible Touch" album

I'm a pretty big Clapton fan, and I don't even know Change the World, must've been during my mental absence of music in the 90's.

MetalDog

If by, 'mental absence,' you mean, 'coma,' that'd be more appropriate.  That song was EVERY where in '96-'97.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Tuna on October 17, 2017, 05:54:26 AM
I'm a pretty big Clapton fan, and I don't even know Change the World, must've been during my mental absence of music in the 90's.

and you're better off for it
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bobarossa

Quote from: MetalDog on October 17, 2017, 05:57:06 AM
If by, 'mental absence,' you mean, 'coma,' that'd be more appropriate.  That song was EVERY where in '96-'97.

I had never heard it before either.  Of course, this is about the time I dumped oldies and switched to alternative rock.

Tuna

lol, I even saw him a few times in the 90s, I guess it was a thick Coma. One show was From the Cradle, which was awesome, but the 'pop fans at the concert hated it!