FRIDAY's a Battlefield

Started by JudgeDredd, October 13, 2017, 02:48:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glen55

Just back home from a business trip all week. Before I left I FINALLY handled a couple of the tough fights at Fort Joy, after TWO restarts to improve my group, and it looks like I am on the high road to escaping.  <:-)

So I can't wait to get back into Divinity 2.

Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Nefaro

Quote from: Cyrano on October 13, 2017, 11:08:47 AM
Must put something on the table to commemorate the 211th of Jena-Auerstedt AND the 204th of Leipzig and its associated battles.  Peeved that the week prevented me from enjoying Saalfeld and Schleiz.

You, sir, are a driven devotee.

Cyrano

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Wolfe1759

Managed to resist for about 10 minutes before giving in an buying Field of Glory II so some of that and continue my Snathi campaign in Gal Civ III Crusade.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

Silent Disapproval Robot

Getting mauled by Barth's Yaks and IL-2s in Wing Leader.

Got a game of Company of Heroes: Guadalcanal planned for this afternoon, Tide of Iron: Stalingrad tomorrow, and something Eurotrashy on Sunday with the actor crowd.  (Probably 7 Wonders or Terraforming Mars).

I've been playing a lot of Divinity: Original Sin on the PC lately and having fun with it in spite of all the horrible puns and jokes.

Kushan

Little bit of everything for me this weekend.

Picked up theHunter: Call of the Wild a few days ago. Having fun with it although I do seem to be doing more aimless wondering around and making a whole hell of a lot of noise, thus scaring everything but bears and coyotes away, then anything else.

Continue my current Stellaris "Space Roman" campaign.

In my very limited free time this week I've managed to sneak in a little bit of CMANO: Shifting Sands. About all I'm allowed to say right now ;)

I'm sure there will also be a flight or two in Prepar3d, in the PMDG Boeing 737 or Aerosoft CRJ (or both) somewhere as well.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

MengJiao

Quote from: Pete Dero on October 13, 2017, 04:21:12 AM
Too much work to do much gaming.

Might look into Tank Warfare : Tunisia 1943.

Nice song choice.

Yep.  Some Gavitream, some Heroes and  Generals (though I am pretty bad at it), DCS, ARMAIII, other flight sims...maybe something new and cheap....

jomni

FoG2 will prove irresistible, but the lack of true H2H still annoys me.  Another game that would have been perfect for it.

Pls explain

Arctic Blast

Another board gaming Saturday tomorrow. Not sure what will get played, but I've got about 20 games stacked up and awaiting perusal.

Probably play some more Shadow of War this weekend, and I should tuck into Franchise Hockey Manager 4, too.

Barthheart

Quote from: jomni on October 13, 2017, 08:44:26 PM
FoG2 will prove irresistible, but the lack of true H2H still annoys me.  Another game that would have been perfect for it.

Pls explain

Cyrano

My dear Canadian friend's calumnies notwithstanding, I sincerely wish Slitherix would provide live H2H play in the games where it makes sense.  FoG2 -- which is really, really good -- would be perfect for my son and I to log into and hammer out a short battle while giving each other grief.  I have heard again and again that PBEM++ and the waiting for turns, loading turns, &c., is "just as good" but it's not; not for me anyway.

I am glad this game (and others) have had the success that they have -- my goodness, that first tourney filled up quickly!! -- but JTS (and every RTS and shooter in existence) has spoiled me for LAN play and I feel its lack the most strongly here with the games I love the most.  It has absolutely caused me to play "Sanctus Reach" and "P&S" less than I otherwise might have and fear the same with FoG2, although this one really is good stuff.

I get the points, sincerely made, by the teams, but that shan't prevent me from wanting it or for asking for it.
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

jomni

I see. They used to always say PBEM does multiplayer equally well to the point that they recommend it for hotseat. But now there is a change of heart and they have implemented real local hotseat in FoG II. Is your son in the same house? Though you cannot to do a LAN battle still, hot seat is now an option for you.

JudgeDredd

^That to me is really odd.

As Cyrano says - in games where it can work, why is it not there? LAN play has been around since the 90s.  :uglystupid2:
Alba gu' brath

airboy

The literal video of this is excellent:

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/2cb87ffcfe/love-is-a-battlefield-literal-video-version

"This guy has bigger boobs than me."

KyzBP

I know I'm usually way behind the crowd on games but I picked up Age Of Gladiators for $1.50 on Steam and have been enjoying the heck out of it.  It was supposed to be a little time waster but has turned into a weekend waster.