FRIDAY's a Battlefield

Started by JudgeDredd, October 13, 2017, 02:48:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

I appear to be first up again  :2funny:

I love (LOVE) Pat Benatar!

Anyway, this weekend will be mostly F1 2017 - Russia is not looking like a point grab for me. Last outing though I started 20th and finished 15th (Bahrain). That was with a dodgy engine.

Mechanical issues are prevalent in this version...I got a call to tell me Lean Fuel Mixture wasn't available, Max fuel mixture wasn't available (both of which were fixed during the race a couple of times) and also I lost a gear. These things seem to be linked to the various parts of the engine that can become worn...a new feature which is actually bloody superb. I didn't change my gearbox that race resulting in losing a gear. I didn't change it into first practice in Russia and almost immediately got the call to say I'd lost a gear...disconcerting to hear bearing in mind you go to pull out of a slow corner and realise that missing gear is second or third resulting in a sluggish getaway. Anyway - there's alot of depth in this one...it seems to be working (like I said - worn gearbox and missing gear)...we'll see.

Anything else? I might try and get some Madden NFL 2018 and MLB The Show 17 which has been getting neglected due to the TV being required for, well, TV.

Probably nothing else as I have to get my Sherman M4A3E8 Easy Eight finished because I'm under pressure to get Star Wars:Rebellion and it's expansion Rise of the Empire set up.

Have a nice weekend people  :smitten:
Alba gu' brath

Pete Dero

Too much work to do much gaming.

Might look into Tank Warfare : Tunisia 1943.

Nice song choice.

Anguille

Great song  :smitten:

Not much time for gaming (coming back from holiday). Maybe some Battlevoid: Harbinger.....nice little game

jomni

I'm going on holiday. Can't play Field of Glory II

FlickJax

Will try my shiny new Field of Glory 2 and maybe one of the other 50 or so games I have bought and never played :)

Rayfer

Quote from: Pete Dero on October 13, 2017, 04:21:12 AM
Too much work to do much gaming.

Might look into Tank Warfare : Tunisia 1943.

Nice song choice.

Picked up Tank Warfare: Tunisia 1943 on sale yesterday for $9.99. Looking forward to getting into it this weekend. I'll refrain from song-choice comments.   :-"

Barthheart

New PBEM game of Wing Leader with SDR. It's Russians vs Germans this time. We'll try to post some shots from the game.

Continuing PBEM game of DC1: Warsaw to Paris with Jason. Turn 11 and my Poles are barely hanging on... but does the evil Germans have enough time to finish us off?

Continuing a campaign in Stellaris. Still haven't quite got the hang of this game... either I'm missing something or the game is...

Re-started my US campaign in SD44... because it got reset with the latest patch?  :knuppel2: Man, I'm not good at this game.

Silver Bayonet on the table to learn the rules so mirth and I can start an epic campaign of two fools fumbling in the jungle.

If weather permits, wash the convertible one last time and put it away for winter. Also need to finish storing all the summer patio gear for winter and clean out the gardens.

Skwerl

Field of Glory 2!  I took it for a spin last night.  It is superb.

Nefaro

Gusington

Pat Benatar was one of the first women that made me realize I was heterosexual.

Continuing my Witcher 3 Hearts of Stone game - I have done things in this title that I have never done in any other rpg...it is just so engaging, well written, snarky and fun. Last night my kids watched me play for about 10 minutes, totally transfixed. Probably the only way I have to get them to stop talking for that long.

TW: Warhammer and Shadow of War and Field of Glory await as well.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

FlickJax

Quote from: Gusington on October 13, 2017, 09:04:51 AM
Pat Benatar was one of the first women that made me realize I was heterosexual.

Continuing my Witcher 3 Hearts of Stone game - I have done things in this title that I have never done in any other rpg...it is just so engaging, well written, snarky and fun. Last night my kids watched me play for about 10 minutes, totally transfixed. Probably the only way I have to get them to stop talking for that long.

TW: Warhammer and Shadow of War and Field of Glory await as well.

So before then you were confused?

Sir Slash

Trying to resist Field of Glory 2 by playing everything I have in my gaming arsenal to feed the fix. So far Age of Charlemagne comes closest. Westphalia, I'm going to beat you into Eastphalia and then Nophalia before I'm done.  :knuppel2:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Cyrano

Must put something on the table to commemorate the 211th of Jena-Auerstedt AND the 204th of Leipzig and its associated battles.  Peeved that the week prevented me from enjoying Saalfeld and Schleiz.

JTS Jena X2
KS Jena
FoG2 will prove irresistible, but the lack of true H2H still annoys me.  Another game that would have been perfect for it.
And Borderlands 2:  Tiny Tina...damned funniest shooter I've ever played.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

jamus34

I have no clue specifically what I will play.

I can say I started a new Stellaris game, got back into Witcher 3 and want to continue my Nier automata run.

Beyond that, no idea.
Insert witty comment here.

bbmike

Long drive back to DC. But if there is time, Field of Glory 2 and/or Polaris Sector.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak