Chernobyl's Wild Animal Legacy

Started by Labbug, October 09, 2017, 03:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Sure they're radioactive but on the other hand, they're easy to hunt at night cause they glow in the dark. And, they're already partially cooked. Sooo.....  "Bacon"!
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MikeGER

...this is the 21th century, right? :)

get the app for your smartphone that utilize the cam-chip -distortions in the smartphone to sense beta and gamma rays to a certain degree. (how smart is that !  :) )

and so have some estimate if you let a given hunted boar (or mushrooms) just in the place where it has dropped or if to harvest the meat. 

the cesium-137 can be traced by mostly  β (beta decay) 0.5120 MeV  and some γ (gamma-rays) 0.6617 MeV of follow up radioactive isotopes

so question left to find out if your given combo of your smartphone with app is sensitive in the needed ray energy range to test food to a certain degree.
If you want to be more scientific and want more sensitivity get a good hand held measuring instrument starting at 400€ 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rdklein.radioactivity&hl=de

Nefaro

Quote from: Sir Slash on October 09, 2017, 06:44:02 PM
Sure they're radioactive but on the other hand, they're easy to hunt at night cause they glow in the dark. And, they're already partially cooked. Sooo.....  "Bacon"!

People are hunting ex-Soviet submariners?   :o

Sir Slash

In Soviet Union, you no cook bacon. Bacon cooks you.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

It was very clever of the Soviets to create a country size, open air microwave oven.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Vlad says it's Ukraine's problem now. He didn't do it, nobody saw him, you can't prove a thing.

BanzaiCat

Ukraine is a dish best served hot on the outside and cold and hard on the inside.

Sir Slash

Nefaro

Sir Slash

Staggerwing

It's not 'The' Ukraine anymore, not since that angry guy on the bus flipped Kramer and Georges' game of Risk. Now just 'Ukraine'.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Sir Slash

Yeah, I heard the Russkies bitching about us calling it 'The' Ukraine the other day instead of just Ukraine. Anything to get Vlad 'The' Shirtless to put his clothes back on.