Decades Feeder Bracket - 1986 Round of 16

Started by MetalDog, October 08, 2017, 09:05:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

It's a good thing I was on vacation this week.  It took me six hours to compile all the tunes for the 1986 Bracket.  Some of it was spent watching entire videos of old favorites, but, it was mostly just enough watching to get the YouTube code to put into the Word doc.  With such a wealth of songs to choose from, it was extremely difficult to configure this week's poll.  I originally had half the poll dedicated to metal songs.
But then I wouldn't have had room to do all the other things I wanted to do.  So, you'll have to get your Ozzy, AC/DC, Judas Priest, et al., somewhere else.  What I think we have is a very difficult set of 8 pairings.  I hope you all feel that way, too.  Although, you may not be happy with how I matched them up, at least Brant should be happy with this poll.  His favorite band finally has a Number One seed.  Thank you, as usual, for following along and voting.  I truly appreciate it.

The 1/16

The 8/9

The 5/12

The 4/13

The 6/11

The 3/14

The 7/10

The 2/15

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

I think you meant "1986" in the thread title, not "1996"
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

Oh, and you're an asshole for giving me so many impossible choices....  :pullhair:
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

Quote from: MetalDog on October 08, 2017, 09:05:12 AMat least Brant should be happy with this poll.  His favorite band finally has a Number One seed. 

I don't see Triumph in the poll, so "favorite band" hasn't only not gotten a #1 seed, they haven't been in a poll yet ;D

bayonetbrant

and finally - I'm pretty sure I know what will win, but y'all would likely be surprised at which one I hope wins   :coolsmiley: :-"

MetalDog

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 08, 2017, 09:26:45 AM
I think you meant "1986" in the thread title, not "1996"

You are correct.  And thank you!  O0

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 08, 2017, 09:27:31 AM
Oh, and you're an asshole for giving me so many impossible choices....  :pullhair:

You are correct.  And thank you!   :bd:

Barthheart

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Barthheart on October 08, 2017, 11:40:47 AM
3/14 matchup is just evil.  :pullhair:

that one wasn't too tough for me:
one tune that's probably a top 5 all-timer for that artist
vs
one tune really sounded like a complete sell-out sop to "K-Mellow 98.5 FM" that soccer moms could non-offensively listen to in their minivans while stuck in carpool

MetalDog

Anything after Abacab or Genesis are just Phil Collins making least common denominator dentist's office lite rock.

BanzaiCat

These were all easy, except for 8/9. Peace Sells isn't my favorite Megadeth song but it's up there. Battery is a much better song IMO, especially live.

That Crowded House tune is one of my nostalgic favs.  :dreamer:

MetalDog

Maybe next time, I'll send you all my research and let you pick some more difficult ones ;)

BanzaiCat

You'll note how I do NOT post in the other threads to say how easy my choices are...because they're not. :)

I hesitated a couple of times but was certain my choices are watertight for the most part.

mirth

Quote from: BanzaiCat on October 09, 2017, 08:51:02 PM
You'll note how I do NOT post in the other threads to say how easy my choices are...because they're not. :)

I hesitated a couple of times but was certain my choices are watertight for the most part.

Kiss ass.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat