Run for your FRIDAY with me

Started by MetalDog, August 18, 2017, 06:03:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Skwerl on August 20, 2017, 07:18:19 AM
Distant Worlds: Universe
Civilization VI
Battlefleet Engineer

Any thoughts on BF Engineer? I picked it up too, but first impressions were pretty buggy. Had trouble getting it to run in full screen.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

mikeck

Quote from: Gusington on August 18, 2017, 07:39:39 PM
How are you liking TW: Warhammer?

Sorry Gus. I missed this. Yeah, I'm really enjoying warhammer. I think I mentioned in another thread that is dont care much for "high fantasy" nor do I know about (or care) warhammer lore. To me, it's mediaval total was with some game of thrones "Army of the dead" thrown in. I play the "Empire" and don't use any wizards or magic. I just enjoy armored knights with great swords decapitating vampires and  warhammer equivalents of Vikings and Russian hordes.

It's is- along with Shogun 2- the most polished and visually beautiful Total War
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Gusington

Medieval TW with some Army of the Dead thrown in sounds pretty good! Your summary is pretty much how my first play through will probably pan out since I do not know much about the WH old world.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Yeah, I'll most likely start with an Empire or Dwarves start but the other sound intriguing.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mikeck

I recommend the Radious total war mod and his units mod. Not because anything mechanically needs modding, but for the extra units he offers

My house rule is no "battle wizards" or magic used.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Gusington

Never use any magic ever?

I like my first play through to be vanilla with any TW game before I mod it. I never modded Shogun 2 because I thought it was awesome in vanilla.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Hofstadter

I got an itch to play Total war atilla.

I went through the belisarius campaign without once having to fight an actual battle.

Little bit sad....
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Sir Slash

I've been playing a lot of Age of Charlemagne recently and I like it more than Attila or Rome 2 and all the add-ons. It seems more balanced at the beginning with more time to develop your armies and economy before the mega-stacks begin to appear. Using the Radious mod so I'm not sure how much I like is Radious and how much is AoC but it's the most fun I've had since Fall of the Samurai.

There's a nice mix of small and large factions, Christian, Muslim, and Pagan factions, and raiding factions( the Avars or Danes). And the British factions are rapidly becoming my favorite. You have Welsh, Scots, Irish, and Anglo-Saxon types all warring for supremacy and the Danes over the horizon due any day. Only one Brit faction playable though, Mercia. Too bad.

The economy works, the diplomacy works... well enough, and managing your bastard family-tree is a nice side game. And, there's actual battles to be fought.  :o  The AI doesn't always run and hide in cities. And, the agents are back. The good ones I mean, Spies, Priests, and Assassins. This could almost be Medieval Total War 2 all over again.  :D
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Hofstadter now that you mention it I don't think I fought one battle in the Belisarius campaign either and actually stopped playing that campaign altogether.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Arctic Blast

Going to try to get Middle Earth Quest and Brass on the table to try them out. And my Massive Darkness Kickstarter showed up this week, so I'll probably start sorting out 7 billion figures. On the computer, I might pick up Prey and start playing that. It's 50% off, and I've got some Steam credit as well. I have a pile of strategy games to try out, but I don't want to get sunk in to anything before I go on vacation next weekend.

JasonPratt

GROGS OF CRISIS has come to the most insane turn yet! Is there any way it could ever be more insaner?!

(Spoiler: no.  >:D )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!