Interstellar Transport Company

Started by Jarhead0331, August 15, 2017, 10:21:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Looks pretty cool...should be out for early access tomorrow.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/573490/Interstellar_Transport_Company/

Build a galactic transportation empire! Help colonize the galaxy and dominate the competition in single player and online multiplayer. Use your business cunning to take your fledgling company from humble beginnings on Earth and it's neighboring planets and moons to the far reaches of the Galaxy. Buy ships, manage routes, conduct trade deals, build infrastructure, colonize new worlds, invest in local industry; All set in a procedurally generated galaxy with challenging AI, and Online Multiplayer. You will have a new experience every time you play.

Help Colonize The Cosmos
Help humankind spread throughout the galaxy by managing resource flows and the supply chains needed to sustain it's growth. Balance colony expansion against resource deliveries to ensure you never bring a planet to starvation. Using a highly sophisticated and complex simulation, every decision you make can have lasting consequences throughout the entire game.

Procedurally Generated Galaxy
Interstellar Transport Company has a scientifically grounded galaxy generator which produces challenging and believable maps. Play with 1 to 100 star systems in custom game mode or use predefined game settings and try to top the leaderboards. You can even play without our solar system (replaced by a randomly generated starting system) if you want to freshen things up!

Realistic Business Management
Manage cash flow, take loans and issue bonds, deal with the local authorities and maintain high reputation throughout the galaxy. Invest in developing markets and hedge your risks. Balance expenses against value to crush your competitors.

Play Any Way You Want
Play single player custom games against AI or alone with many different galaxy and difficulty settings. Or play with the predefined settings and compete on the global leaderboards. Maybe competitive multiplayer is your thing? **coming soon** Play a shortened balanced game against players near your own skill level for ladder points. You can even play a co-op multiplayer game, teaming up with friends against the AI.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Geezer

Here is a first look at it:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZqZzVN70Gk

Sounds like Railroad Tycoon in space.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

DennisS

Quote from: Geezer on August 15, 2017, 11:40:22 AM
Here is a first look at it:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZqZzVN70Gk

Sounds like Railroad Tycoon in space.

I am not convinced that it has sufficient complexity to keep me interested. Thoughts?

Geezer

Early access starts tomorrow.  Take one for the team and let us know what you think Dennis.  :)
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

OJsDad

JH will have his first thoughts on it tomorrow night. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Boggit

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 15, 2017, 04:00:54 PM
Quote from: OJsDad on August 15, 2017, 03:15:48 PM
JH will have his first thoughts on it tomorrow night.

:-[
Why the sad face? :-\ It looks quite interesting.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Nefaro

What is with these neon blue UIs in space games nowadays?   #:-)    :knuppel2:

Boggit

Quote from: Nefaro on August 15, 2017, 06:56:50 PM

Looks like a science fiction bathroom/toilet to me! :o
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

BanzaiCat

says the guy with a sorta-neon blue GIF in his avatar.

DennisS

Quote from: Geezer on August 15, 2017, 02:29:52 PM
Early access starts tomorrow.  Take one for the team and let us know what you think Dennis.  :)

I just read that it has semi-randomly generated galaxies. That, I like. Dealing with our own solar system, over and over, isn't going to work.

I have $40 in my steam account..and I may well take the plunge. My other 260+ steam games need some company!

Nefaro

Quote from: BanzaiCat on August 16, 2017, 11:23:34 AM

says the guy with a sorta-neon blue GIF in his avatar.

bonk-chika-baoww! 

Geezer

Just picked this up if for no other reason than to support it's development.  Went through the tutorials which are very basic.  The third one hung at one point but I was able to work around it.  The fourth one is a video with some basics on strategy, but it had no sound, which I "assume" is a bug.  I watched several hours of Youtube gameplay and my sense is that it's like an early beta or even alpha build, as expected for Steam Early Access.  Will report further after I've played it a bit.

Geezer

Played about an hour just now with a couple of restarts in custom games.  I saw where some Youtube players were making money hand over fist.  Must be the devs adjusted profit/loss significantly with recent patches because even with just a couple of ships running standard milk runs I can't make money.  Playing on normal difficulty for both me and the AI and all I'm doing is transporting food and water to a colony and picking up raw and rare materials for the return trip.  The trips make money but not enough to cover the expenses of the spaceport docking rentals.  Will have to pay more attention to detail I guess.

I noticed that all three AI competitors have more ships than I do and that they are all even further in the red on operating profits even though they all have more income than I do so far.  Maybe it's me but something doesn't seem to be adding up so far.

It's fun if you like this sort of game and if the devs follow up on all their plans to enhance the game it will be worth the price, to me anyway.