you can double the traffic on a road, HOW you say!

Started by gameleaper, July 27, 2017, 10:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameleaper

you can double the traffic on a road, HOW you say, when you think of a car its two seats wide with a bonet and a boot, but yu can make an electric car one seat wide and a seat instead of a bonet and instead of a boot, giving a narrow car 4 seats long, the electric car dosnt need batteries placed in a conventional area, the battery can be long and thin.

so you could double the lanes on a road!

Batman

trailrunner

While we're at it, let's make cars more vertical.  Why not have four seats stacked on top of each other.  That would have a very small footprint.  That would allow a much greater number of cars per area of road.

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

W8taminute

Narrower cars would mean less maneuverability no?  One would need to decelerate sooner before entering a turn I would suspect.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

gameleaper

stacking would need all the current cables etc raising, narrow means we can use the roads as they are,

and new ways of driving would need to be thought out, like longer turning methods, I'm just trying to put the idea that what weve got now in theory with some thought could be doubled with little cost