U.S. and German Troops in film -anyone recognise the units/ troops?

Started by Ian C, July 18, 2017, 12:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian C

Got some film of U.S. and German troops. Can anyone identify the uniforms?
Any clues? Let's see what you can come up with then I'll reveal a surprise ;)

Barthheart

Aren't the US troops paras.... with the BJ knees on their pants?  ;D

Ian C

Here's the surprise: both those films are recent. I filmed them during a recreation display a few years ago. I've been trying to recreate a realistic vintage film effect using a video editor. Seems I nailed it?

bayonetbrant

Looks pretty cool.  I certainly couldn't tell it was recent.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Sir Slash

Yes, it does look authentic 1940's. I think the flashing and grainy film effect is more convincing than the uniforms but the whole thing is very well done. You don't have any Emilia Airhart film do you?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Ian C

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Ian C on July 19, 2017, 05:14:03 AM
Here's the surprise: both those films are recent. I filmed them during a recreation display a few years ago. I've been trying to recreate a realistic vintage film effect using a video editor. Seems I nailed it?
Those are bloody well done  O0  :notworthy:  O0
Alba gu' brath

Ian C