RPG tracker system

Started by gameleaper, July 15, 2017, 05:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

This would be good for character sheets. Can it go full screen?
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

gameleaper

its set to about 1010x645 for a sheet, the GUI adds more but that's it really, I didn't know what I was making when I did it, its quite usefull to me though now as a solo setup

bbmike

Quote from: gameleaper on July 15, 2017, 09:55:33 PM
Quote from: bbmike on July 15, 2017, 08:56:09 PM
I was just using your Mapit tool earlier today to test print 8x11 sheets for my new Star Trek minis.  O0

you know I never thought of printing mapit output, I can see as the squares and hexes are constant it would work , a great use for it, I may try and make a map for the minatures app I did.

Would it be possible to make custom size squares/hexes for Mapit? I would like to adjust the size so the minis bases fit the squares/hexes.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

gameleaper

No, I programed it in dark basic, its free now, but was a real pain to setup,and I looked at the source code and ive forgotten how it all worked :( , best is to edit the finished sheet in paint and resize by percentage.

bayonetbrant

Use paint.NET - it's free and a LOT more powerful than the MS Paint app that comes w/ Windows.

paint.NET does about 85% of what Photoshop does for almost any casual user, and does it for 0% of the price
For non-casual users, paint.NET has a bunch of other very nice features, too, like layers, color correction, and a handful of pretty solid image filters
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

gameleaper

Yes I have Manga studio, does lots of good stuff, I use Paint because its simple with few options , paint.Net sounds good to grab, GIMP was good but just too much to learn for a quick pixel change

bbmike

Quote from: gameleaper on July 18, 2017, 11:38:43 AM
No, I programed it in dark basic, its free now, but was a real pain to setup,and I looked at the source code and ive forgotten how it all worked :( , best is to edit the finished sheet in paint and resize by percentage.

Good suggestion! I resized the image I created in Paint Shop Pro so that the squares are 1 inch. That way I can print it out and use it with miniatures or load it into Vassal and use it digitally. The great thing about Vassal is once you set it up you make changes quickly (unit name, rotation, flip, etc.).

-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

gameleaper

Your making want to switch from vamps and nWoD RPG type games to space & star trek :) you have shown me how usfull Mapit is too.

bbmike

Mapit, Warplaner5C, and your Cardplay program get used a lot by me.
The great thing about Mapit is how fast you can create any kind of map once you set up the program icons. And with Vassal already set up with premade counters it's quick to import those maps and use them. Too bad you can't edit Mapit anymore. It just needs a few more tweaks to make it perfect.  :)
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

gameleaper

you should also look at my miniatures app now, its got no setup just add chits to a folder, and it has dials to add numbers to the chit, or add token art like a PNGword image "moved" "fired" etc...

if you give it a few minites learning you may prefer it. big maps etc...