Avengers: Infinity War

Started by mirth, July 15, 2017, 04:53:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Sir Slash

My guess is Thanos turns out to be ANOTHER one of Odin's children they haven't told us about and he and Tony Stark get married and live happily in Vegas where they do an Lion Taming Show together-- Prick-zeid and Roy.  I'll still buy a ticket.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

BanzaiCat

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

acctingman

Seriously.....loins exploded  :notworthy:

bayonetbrant

That shot w/ the force-field at 1:31 looks just like the battle-bots attacking the Gungans in the big fight on Naboo in SW Ep 1.

And why does every movie battle look like a giant meeting engagement a la "Braveheart"?  I mean, no one can snipe from afar?  No attempts to turn a flank?  No vertical envelopment?  Nuthin'?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Sir Slash

If that shit was a liquid, I'd shoot it up and be high for a month! I'm in if it's a $100 a ticket.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

BanzaiCat

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

OJsDad

Im more than happy to watch ScarJo and Cobie fight in their underwear. In fact, I'd pay to watch it.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Centurion40

Quote from: Sir Slash on March 08, 2018, 11:45:30 PM
My guess is Thanos turns out to be ANOTHER one of Odin's children they haven't told us about and he and Tony Stark get married and live happily in Vegas where they do an Lion Taming Show together-- Prick-zeid and Roy.  I'll still buy a ticket.

:clap: :notworthy:
Any time is a good time for pie.

mirth

BanzaiCat

Quote from: mirth on March 19, 2018, 05:23:00 AM
https://nerdist.com/avengers-infinity-war-deaths-nerdist-news/

Interesting.

I had thought I wouldn't like at all any of the superheroes getting killed/dying off, but after Logan, my outlook has changed.

mirth

I think it works for the arc they've done with Stark. And I always figured Cap was going to die.

JudgeDredd

Booked out tickets for the midnight showing

Can't wait. My daughter's in tears already thinking The Cap is going to buy it.
Alba gu' brath